Medallia’s mission is simple: to create a world where companies are loved by customers and employees alike. Hundreds of the world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Software-as-a-Service application to help them capture customer feedback everywhere the customer is (on the phone, in store, online, mobile), understand it in real-time, and deliver insights and action everywhere—from the C-suite to the frontline—to improve their performance. Founded in 2001, Medallia is growing quickly with more than 1000 employees globally in Silicon Valley, New York, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Austin, Washington D.C., and Tel Aviv.
The Engineering Operations team within Medallia Cloud Services is looking for a world class Release Manager to design, drive and own the delivery of the various Medallia platform and self-service products. The role includes the scheduling, coordination and management of releases across various portfolios as well as helping product and project teams to manage and deploy releases into production.
As owner of the Release Management lifecycle, he or she will work collaboratively with the various Medallia R&D teams along the SDLC: Product Design and Development, Test Engineering, Continuous Delivery, SRE, Production and Managed Services to design, influence and execute on development and delivery processes and strategies. This position involves regular communication with the various levels of the organization. Therefore, excellent communication skills and strong technical competency are essential.
The ideal candidate has thrived and succeeded in delivering releases across various platforms, services and technologies with complex dependencies in a very high growth environment where priorities shift quickly. He or she is a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and compellingly and who understands how to drive a high level of focus and excellence.
- Forward-plan release windows and cycles across services and platforms.
- Maintain the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners.
- Work with engineers to understand impacts of branches and code merges.
- Manage risk and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality.
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and according to goals and expectations.
- Manage and coordinate release roadmaps.
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams in different locations.
- Conduct and define Release Readiness reviews.
- Communicate all key commitments, and scope or timeline changes with the various stakeholders.
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process.
- Drive production incidents continuous improvement process.
- Weekly status reporting.
- Coordinate and monitor release verification process.
- 3+ years of previous release and/or project management experience in a software development environment (Saas / Cloud environment preferred)
- 3+ years experience in a software development role (i.e Software Engineer /Test Engineer / QA Engineer)
- In-depth knowledge of software development lifecycle processes and tools.
- Experience with agile development methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion.
- Experience working with code management, continuous integration and tracking tooling (Git, Jenkins, Gerrit, Jira are desired).
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects - work prioritization, planning, and task delegation.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience communicating (written and verbal) with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple organizations (including executive level)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.
Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and state disability laws.