Professional Services, Technical Manager - Germany
- Munich, Germany
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
As a Technical Manager in Professional Services you will work alongside a project manager and XP experts to own the technical design and implementation of the Medallia platform. The assignments vary from designing and implementing our software for new customers to enhancing and managing live customer accounts. As the technical lead on projects you will be expected to have a thorough understanding of the Medallia suite of products, and be the go-to person for any technical questions. You will also provide leadership and mentoring to other members of the Professional Services team.
Responsibilities, Product Implementation:
- Partner with a project manager in leading a team of analysts to deliver the Medallia platform
- Drive program success through high quality, scalable design and architecture that delivers positive business outcomes
- Establish launch and quality plans that are aligned to multiple customer stakeholders
- Develop a thorough understanding of the entire suite of Medallia products, and stay up to
- date with the product roadmap.
- Be the main point of contact for client IT leads
- Engage with clients to understand business cases and provide platform recommendations
- Partner with the account team to establish a technical roadmap for the account targeting quality, scalability, business value and innovation.
- Identify knowledge gaps and contribute to efforts to define and share best practices across Medallia
- Partner with Engineering and Product on feature releases on assigned accounts
- Experience working in teams to collaboratively solve technical problems
- Relentlessly customer-oriented with an innate understanding of the tenets of good client service
- Experience of communicating complex technical concepts to a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience coaching junior team members in technical delivery
- Preferred: Experience owning and improving the technical health for a portfolio of accounts
- Strong analytical skills especially in data manipulation and gathering insights (e.g. Excel, R, Stata, SPSS)
- Experience engaging with internal R&D teams (e.g. Product Management, Engineering etc.)
- Several years experience implementing other enterprise SaaS applications
- Bachelor's degree in an analytical subject, (e.g. Natural Sciences, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics etc.) or a strong interest in technology demonstrated elsewhere (e.g. website development, programming courses etc.)
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.
For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.
Back to top