Product Specialist (Tier 3 Technical Support), External Services
- As a Product Specialist, you will become the know-it-all expert for Medallia external services and APIs. The buck stops at you for technical product questions. Your focus will be on supporting our software users on their quest for product knowledge and issue resolution.
- Integrated with the Engineering teams, you will advocate for customer needs and ensure smooth product updates.
- Leveraging your deep product expertise and advanced troubleshooting skills, you will coach and mentor technical support advocates (Tier-2 / Tier-1) on the team.
- This is a unique opportunity to collaborate with cross-functional teams to relentlessly drive the enhancement of our world-class, customer experience management platform.
- Provide advanced technical post-sales support and guidance
- Answer how-to and setup related questions escalated from Tier-2 support team
- Track bugs and escalate to Engineering for resolution
- For bug fixes and product changes, assist Product Managers on specifications, prioritization, user testing and early adopter programs
- Identify product enhancement opportunities based on support trends
- Analyze reported issues, production outages, production logs, and customer feedback to identify ways to enhance our product as well as make support processes more effective
- Meet and communicate regularly with the Engineering teams, updating them on product needs from customer perspective, and align your understanding about the product vision
- Be the liaison for regular communication between various engineering teams and customer facing teams on issues and product changes
- Ensure troubleshooting guides, best practices and support knowledge base are up to date
- Work very closely with, mentor, and train Tier-2 / Tier-1 support team members
- Experience with RESTful APIs, FTP, SSO, SSL and web services
- Proven track record of solving complex technical problems with customers and engineering
- Thrive in ambiguous situations and be able to prioritize ruthlessly
- Experience with agile development processes is a plus
- Knowledge of the Medallia product and configuration is a plus
- Minimum of a BA/BS or higher
- Computer Science or other technical degree preferred
Meet Some of Medallia's Employees
Sales Development Representative
Natalie works on the Inside Sales Team to find new customers interested in partnering with Medallia. She helps these partners improve customer experience at their respective companies.
Back to top