Principal Product Designer
We value great design at Medallia. It is fundamental to our mission of helping the world's most influential companies and brands become more customer focused. As a designer, you play a vital role in shaping how we capture customer feedback, deliver insights and coordinate actions in real-time to everyone in a company — from the c-suite to the frontline — to help them improve.
Our approach to design is to understand our users’ goals and present a clear path to achieve them. Sounds simple but doing this for the world’s largest and diverse companies is where the challenge lies. It is also where some of the most rewarding work of your career can take place. Knowing that millions of people are communicating with companies through Medallia, and those companies view our platform as indispensable, is truly rewarding.
We’re the leaders in a space we defined, are Sequoia-backed, and growing like crazy. Our culture focuses on smarts, kindness, continual learning, and fun. And above all else, we focus on making every customer experience, at every company, the best their customers have ever had.
Medallia is looking for a talented Principal Product Designer to shape, design, and define unique, user-centered experiences.
- Be a hands-on, confident, and creative design master with a proven track record in setting a vision for great user experiences and inspiring others to endorse and contribute to that vision
- Be a great team player, experienced in working with agile product teams - ability to collaborate closely with Product Managers, developers, and designers
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into simple and well-crafted designs and experiences.
- Deliver mockups, prototypes, and design proposals to meet product requirements
- Create easy to understand design specifications for use by the product team.
- Be a core contributor to design guidelines, a high-level set of interaction design concepts, patterns and components that underpin Medallia’s platform.
- Produce design resources for fellow designers to use in their day-to-day work, e.g. Sketch UI kit that includes components, layouts, etc.
- Partner with Product Managers, engineers, researchers and content strategists to incorporate learnings, address challenges, and perform final reviews with engineering to ensure a unified delivery of applications on the Medallia platform.
- Execute in a fast-paced and fluid environment
In addition to being an empathetic, creative, and a systems thinker, here are some of the qualities we’re searching for:
- 8+ years' experience as a practitioner of research-influenced design with demonstrated results
- Deep knowledge of customer research, ideation, storytelling, prototyping, design frameworks, concept visualization, and beautiful interfaces
- Proven collaborator, builder, and motivator for cross-functional teams
- Passionate about knowing users, constantly seeking new insights you use to create breakthroughs
- Can articulate the value of a user experience to engineers, product managers, and executives with equal effectiveness. In conversation, you can move swiftly from a high-level strategy discussion to one about the merits of vertical rhythm, with equal passion and persuasion
- Self-aware, constantly working to understand and overcome blind spots.
- Enjoy mentorship and actively sharing your hard-won wisdom with more junior colleagues
- Tactically, you are just as energized while developing design strategy as you are polishing design details
Medallia is an established and fast growing company, but in a lot of ways we still act like a start up. Our organization and processes are fluid, allowing us to act quickly on emerging business opportunities.
Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Meet Some of Medallia's Employees
Sales Development Representative
Natalie works on the Inside Sales Team to find new customers interested in partnering with Medallia. She helps these partners improve customer experience at their respective companies.
Back to top