Medallia’s mission is simple: to create a world where companies are loved by customers and employees alike. Hundreds of the world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Software-as-a-Service application to help them capture customer feedback everywhere the customer is (on the phone, in store, online, mobile), understand it in real-time, and deliver insights and action everywhere—from the C-suite to the frontline—to improve their performance. Founded in 2001, Medallia is growing quickly with more than 1000 employees globally in Silicon Valley, New York, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv.
We at Medallia feel very strongly about protecting our clients’ information, and are looking for like-minded engineers to solve complex security challenges while enabling the rapid growth of the business globally. This is a Security Architect role within the Trust and Assurance team, which is responsible for infrastructure security, application security and security operations. In this role, you will be responsible for designing scalable security solutions for Medallia’s global infrastructure across private and public cloud platforms.
The role will be the technical subject matter expert and thought leader on network security, deployment pipeline security, system security and other infrastructure security related areas. A successful candidate for this role will be passionate about security, demonstrate creativity in engineering security solutions, possess deep technical knowledge and be willing to take ownership in a fast paced startup environment.
- Provide subject matter expertise on security within cross-functional teams to enhance security of systems and infrastructure
- Define security standards, policies and best practices for the technology stacks in use globally
- Create secure configuration templates, baselines and architecture standards to enable hardening of the platform
- Lead threat modeling activities on new systems / services and provide remediation guidance
- Prototype and recommend solutions for technical teams
- Periodically and proactively identify security risks and build solutions for effective risk management
- Provide thought leadership on emerging security threats, mitigation techniques and trends.
- 10+ years of experience in technical infrastructure security related function
- Deep knowledge of security in containerized infrastructure and micro-services
- Experience building security automation through CI / CD pipeline
- Deep knowledge of authentication protocols and applied cryptography
- Strong security experience in Linux, Windows, MacOS
- Hands on experience designing and configuring infrastructure security components like firewalls, proxies, bastion hosts, VPNs.
- Strong scripting skills (Perl/Python/Shell) and ability to write code for automation
- Experience in a technical security role with hands on experience in design and implementation of network security, operating system security, vulnerability assessment
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.
Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and state disability laws.