Medallia is the pioneer and market leader in Experience Management. Our award-winning SaaS platform, Medallia Experience Cloud, leads the market in the understanding and management of experience for candidates, customers, employees, patients, citizens and residents.
We are more than a software company. We want to be known as a company that does the right thing, no matter the challenge or controversy. We are committed to creating a culture that values every person and every experience. Individual life experiences shape the way we interact with the world, which is why we encourage people to bring their whole selves to work each day. The strength of our global workforce is the most significant contributor to our success.
We believe: Every Experience Matters. Talent is Everywhere. All Belong Here.
At Medallia, we hire the whole person.
- As a Principal Data Engineer on our Athena Platform team, you will be responsible for architecting and developing the building blocks of the next generation of products at Medallia.
- You will create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- You will identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability.
- You will build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer feedback applying sentiment analytics, NLP and Clustering methodologies.
- You will keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers.
- You will create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product.
- You will collaborate with product and design teams to build innovative new features and products for the Customer Experience space.
- Have performed software development in a production environment using a mainstream object-oriented programming language ( Java, Java Libraries or Python)
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent practical experience.Strong experience in a technical role working on distributed systems and web services.
- 3+ years of data engineering experience include distributed systems like Spark, Hadoop, Kafka etc.
- Experience with ETL/ELT pipelines.
- Strong experience with code quality best practices and implementing testing architectures and modularization on large codebases.
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools such Airflow.
- Experience with stream-processing systems such as Spark-Streaming.
At Medallia, we celebrate diversity and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity is afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other protected category. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.
For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.