Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, and Tel Aviv. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
The R&D Team at Medallia is pivotal to creating the technology and platform that will help us fulfill this vision. As we enter a new growth phase we are focused on attracting, growing and retaining top tech Talent. The Performance Engineering team as part of the Engineering Operations organization is chartered to define and establish self-service functions for the Engineering teams to scale with Medallia’s growth.
Part of the unique Medallia culture is our emphasis on continuous learning in our day to day work, and also in the way we develop our technical expertise and interpersonal skills across the business. Our team provides high value-add engineering services to enable delivery of releases and projects with the highest quality and efficiency at scale.
As a Performance Engineer on the team, you will work with senior staff in engineering to optimize performance and scale of our product. Analysis of algorithms, observing behavior, improving algorithms for faster throughputs are some of the aspects of this job. You will get to dig deep into our applications and observe, analyze and improve algorithms and implementations, as well as create tools and infrastructure to ensure performance is an integral part of the software development cycle.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced software engineer interested in both directing technical strategy as well as hands on development to demonstrate their skills by applying fundamental concepts of software engineering to a complex set of features and applications.
- Build tools to enable development teams to run their own performance validations.
- Analyze and help to continuously improve performance and scale of our systems.
- Provide advice, consulting and document best practices
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field preferred.
- 5+ years of engineering experience working on distributed systems including 2+ years experience in Performance Engineering.
- Deep understanding of software technology fundamentals, software development processes and best practices.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with a consistent attention to detail.
- Effective cross-functional collaborator with an ability to cultivate relationships with executive stakeholders.
- Passion for delivering high quality and high impact work.
- Comfort working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Desire to dive in and understand/fix complex problems with large software environments.
- Experience creating tailored visualizations for performance data.
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms a plus.
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law.
Back to top