Sr. Network Engineer
Lead a movement. Build a community. Never Settle.
Medallia is the global leader in Customer Experience Management. Our goal is to create a customer-centric world where companies see you as a person, and not just their next sale. We do this by creating a bridge between companies and their clients, giving them access to your eyes, ears, and hearts, so they can design and deliver exceptional experiences, every single day.
Check out what our Engineering Team's All About:
Medallia is looking for an experienced Network Engineer to be part of our infrastructure and operations team, and help with the design, implementation and support of a reliable, high throughput, low latency network infrastructure for our innovative customer experience platform. This is an excellent opportunity to work on new innovative technologies and in collaboration with talented engineering and operations teams. If you thrive on constantly pushing hardware and software to the limits and finding creative ways to increase performance, scalability, and automation, then come join our team.
- Design and operate a high throughput, low latency network infrastructure.
- Test and rollout next generation (100GbE Clos) networks.
- Troubleshoot network layer issues in a routed containerized world.
- Manage and support global network connectivity and performance.
- Analyze and resolve network infrastructure and connectivity issues.
- Architect and implement advanced network monitoring and reporting solutions.
- Implement new configuration management frameworks to automate the management of network devices.
- Establish network standards and procedures.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- BS or equivalent experience in Computer Science or a technical field.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting network devices (routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers)
- Experience with OSPF and BGP Layer 3 routed networks
- Experience with network automation tools
- Experience with high performance networking (40GbE and 100GbE) a strong plus
- Expert routing and switching skills including wide area Ethernet transport technologies.
- Advanced experience troubleshooting and deployment of wide area optical networking solutions.
- In-depth knowledge of network protocols including BGP, OSPF, Use of VRFs and IPSEC
- Solid understanding of network monitoring and performance metrics
- Intermediate Linux skills
- Some server hardware understanding
- Expert network security and hardening skills.
- Experience configuring and maintaining network monitoring/trending tools
- Solid understanding of application network requirements
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to troubleshoot complex problems under pressure.
- Good understanding of project management fundamentals
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Medallia is a Palo Alto-based software company that puts the world’s leading brands in touch with their customers. Our platform captures feedback across web, social, mobile, and contact center channels and analyzes it in real-time, enabling companies to improve customer experience. Core capabilities include:
- Sentiment analysis and topic classification of unstructured data
- In-house machine-learning based solution for sentiment analysis trained to 85%+ industry-specific precision and recall
- Customizable client-specific solution for topic classification trained to 90%+ precision and 50%+ recall
- In-house OLAP engine to enable real-time dynamic aggregation queries on continuously updated data
- Per-query bytecode compilation for maximized performance
- Aggregation of thousands of data points across 100M+ records in less than a second.
- Extensible, distributed generic platform with a shared codebase for hundreds of clients
- Social media data corpus kept up to date for thousands of hotels worldwide
Medallia is a rapidly growing company with strong foundations. Last year’s milestones include:
- 43% revenue growth
- Funded by Sequoia Capital
- New offices in London and Buenos Aires
- Named a leader in our industry by Forrester Research
If a work environment with a start-up culture plus the stability and impact of a company backed by great customers and investors sounds like your kind of gig, apply now
Back to top