Manager, Workplace Services
Medallia was founded on a simple idea: that companies can win by putting the customer before everything else. Here at Medallia, we believe in embedding advanced scientific knowledge in our products to maximize their usefulness to customers. Our SaaS platform does this by capturing massive amounts of customer feedback data, analyzing it in real-time, and then delivering it to everyone in a company — from the c-suite to the frontline — to help them improve.
We’re now considered the leaders in a space we helped to create, we’re Sequoia backed, and we’re growing like crazy, doubling in size every 12 months. We’ve got a culture focused on smarts, kindness, continual learning, irreverence… and our people love it. A full 95% of our employees would recommend us to their friends.
Come find out why.
Just as Medallia always focuses on the customer, Medallia offices focus on the Medallian. From state-of-the-art construction projects to nutritious food and beverages, the Workplace Services team builds environments that keep Medallians feeling inspired and energized. We're a team of inquisitive and energetic professionals that are constantly searching for new ways to improve workplace efficiency and make Medallia a great place to come to work every day.
As the Workplace Services Manager, you will join the Global Workplace Services team. This is an exciting role for someone who can take responsibility for all aspects of Real Estate, Facilities, Construction, Events and Office Operations within our growing EMEA portfolio.
You will work as part of a unified team, to build trust, and align with Workplace Services partners to deliver excellent workplace experiences for our Medallians, and ensure consistency across the EMEA region. You will need to be motivated by autonomy and ownership, yet eager to align and collaborate with other Workplace Services team members to deliver a unified approach with our business and executive partners.
At Medallia, we aim to foster work environments that are collaborative, friendly and fun. The Workplace Services team brings our spaces to life as you oversee the daily operations of our offices. While roles with similar names at other companies can be far more mundane, you're a creative, organized customer service specialist, who takes pride in seeing things run smoothly and efficiently. You go out of your way to make sure your clients are not only satisfied, but singing Medallia praises. You're comfortable in a fast-paced environment with the highest standards of excellence. You aren't afraid to have fun with your job, and bring an enthusiasm, dedication and a collaborative spirit to build and maintain office spaces that facilitate some of the world's most cutting edge innovation.
- Provide a pivotal role in facility service operations including strategic office planning through EMEA, new office builds and expansions, capacity and space planning, managing all the food/beverages/events in each facility, and implementation of new processes and procedures. Collaborate with your team, Security, Travel, Workplace Services partners, IT, PnC, and Finance to ensure an efficient, productive integration for such things as regional initiatives, fiscal responsibilities, data analysis, new program implementation and M&A activities.
- Act as a trusted partner; build strong relationships with business leaders (and their delegates) through timely, relevant, thorough, and tailored communication. Influence your customer, and other internal organizations; drive consensus and compromise when needed.
- Support a variety of critical business functions including financial, procurement, vendor management, contract management, transportation programs and general office services. Find innovative ways to streamline and enhance service delivery, while keeping an eye on the bottom line.
- Partner with outsourced facilities services vendor; ensuring best practices are being used while also having general oversight of daily operations in all areas of workplace services including reception, security, mail, catering and ticketing system.
- University degree in relevant field or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of service experience dealing with various countries and work councils within EMEA, with an emphasis on real estate, leases, facilities, construction, hospitality, corporate services, and vendor management.
- Strategic and operational real estate & facilities management and services experience.
- Solid experience developing and managing budgets (including capital budget justification) with strong financial, contract management and purchasing skills.
- Advanced knowledge of real estate strategy and lease negotiations with facility management, food and event service, construction terms and practices. Service-minded and strong customer service focus, flexible and open to new ways of doing business.
- Ability to think “outside the box” and bring creative, nonstandard and innovative solutions to the table. Meet deadlines and make sound decisions, sometimes under stress.
- A passionate, detail oriented multi-tasker and self-starter with an “all hands on deck” mentality.
- Ability to consistently demonstrate warmth, kindness and humor no matter the situation or interaction. You are always composed under pressure.
- Highly organized, responsible, and trustworthy. You are a flexible person who is comfortable with rapid change.
- Ability to facilitate communication clearly and concisely in a courteous manner.
- A consummate team player with a great sense of humor.
Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Meet Some of Medallia's Employees
Sales Development Representative
Natalie works on the Inside Sales Team to find new customers interested in partnering with Medallia. She helps these partners improve customer experience at their respective companies.
Back to top