Legal Counsel, Privacy
- Provide privacy counsel to the business. Reporting directly to our Associate General Counsel, you will play a key role working with Medallia’s product, engineering, compliance and security teams to ensure that our powerful enterprise SaaS software meets the quickly evolving requirements of global privacy laws. You will also advise our Sales, Marketing, Customer Solutions and People & Culture teams on privacy compliance and data usage.
- Build new things. Medallia’s products are always evolving, and privacy laws are constantly changing worldwide. You will have a hand in building new processes, programs and training that fit Medallia’s business and goals. You’ll also make sure that as our business becomes more complex, our processes, programs and training make it easy for each Medallian to understand how he or she contributes to privacy compliance.
- Partner across teams to define robust contract terms. Privacy and security terms are critical parts of our customer and vendor agreements, and you would partner with other members of the legal team to draft and negotiate privacy and data security terms.
- Contribute broadly to the team and business. On our growing legal team, we all contribute in ways that aren’t listed in our job descriptions. Based on the team’s needs and your interests, we expect that you’d spend part of your time working on issues that aren’t squarely in the privacy realm, such as vendor contract negotiation, broader compliance programs, and/or advising our marketing or product teams on non-privacy laws.
- Engage your colleagues. You will be integral to Medallia’s success, but you won’t stand alone. Instead, you will bring a collaborative mindset and a commitment to work with colleagues across the company.
- An ideal candidate will have at least 2-5 years of privacy experience, with a mix of in-house and law firm experience preferred. Passion for learning about evolving privacy laws, excellent legal and business judgment, enthusiasm for a fast-paced environment and managing multiple projects simultaneously, a keen sense of humor, and a strong academic record.
Meet Some of Medallia's Employees
Sales Development Representative
Natalie works on the Inside Sales Team to find new customers interested in partnering with Medallia. She helps these partners improve customer experience at their respective companies.
Back to top