Legal Counsel, EMEA
Medallia was founded on a simple idea: that companies can win by putting the customer before everything else. Our cloud-based platform does this by capturing customer feedback, analyzing it in real-time, and then delivering it to everyone in a company — from the C-suite to the frontline — to help them improve. We’re now considered the leaders in a space we helped to create, we’re Sequoia backed, and we’re growing like crazy. We’ve got a culture focused on smarts, kindness, continual learning, irreverence… and our people love it.
Come find out why.
Medallia’s legal team works to be a competitive advantage for the company, delivering the kind of smart, creative legal counsel that clears obstacles and powers growth. And our efforts have made us one of the most respected and well liked teams at Medallia.
The transactions team supports this mission by working with our colleagues across the organization to close good deals at scale. We are negotiators, with the kind of deep knowledge of the law and business that allows for quick, confident counsel and decision making. We are writers, with a style that expresses complex ideas in pure, plain language. We are team players, generous to our colleagues and focused on the team victory. Most of all, we are passionate about our work, and we are always looking for opportunities to get better at what we do.
This new role will work mainly on our transactions team, but as one of just two attorneys in our EMEA office, we will look to them as our eyes, ears and voice in EMEA across all legal functions.
1. Negotiate and close good deals. Each enterprise SaaS deal that we close is a step towards creating and cementing relationships across industries, and each agreement is a testament to our institutional willingness to improve upon the status quo. As Corporate Counsel, you will be responsible for leading smart, relationship focused negotiations with some of the largest and most respected companies in the world.
2. Demonstrate excellent writing skills. At the heart of every transaction we do is a contract that expresses even the most complex ideas in clear, straightforward prose. Each draft that we deliver is surrounded by written comments that explain our position, persuade the reader that we are right, and drive the parties toward a quicker deal close.
3. Develop a progressive and nuanced understanding of our industry. You will quickly work to complement a strong understanding of commercial law with a deep understanding of our business.
4. Engage your colleagues. You will be integral to Medallia’s success, but you won’t stand alone. Instead, you will bring a collaborative mindset, a fearless drive to improve, and a commitment to work with colleagues across the company.
5. Lead the leaders. As the second Medallia lawyer in Europe, you will be the entrepreneurial, business-forward voice of legal in one of Europe’s fastest growing SaaS enterprises.
6. Get ready for the ride of your life. We are determined to build the best transactions team in the industry. And we are going to get there by hiring lawyers who share our passion and giving them the opportunity to take on big challenges. Together, we are going to learn and improve and fight for great results.
- Commercial attorney with 5 to 8 years of legal experience in the technology sector
- Experience with senior-level client negotiations
- Experience in a law firm or in-house legal department
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law or Legal Studies
- Additional experience with privacy and intellectual property law
- Appetite to expand into other substantive areas of law (i.e. employment, etc)
- Experience in SaaS highly preferred
Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Back to top