Junior Linguistic Data Specialist (Portuguese - US Remote)
- Pittsburgh, PA
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
The Linguistics team is looking to bring on a Jr. Linguistic Data Specialist, one who is proficient in the Portuguese language, specifically the Brazilian Portuguese dialect. The Jr. Linguistic Data Specialist is responsible for providing foreign language support for language model training and tuning, as well as maintaining all transcription support materials. The Jr. Linguistic Data Specialist adapts easily to a wide range of tasks and works well both independently and in a group. The Jr. Linguistic Data Specialists will be able to integrate and apply technical knowledge of Voci’s products from a variety of sources in order to respond to customer inquiries and support requests. The Jr. Linguistic Data Specialist will support agent notes development as needed.
- Ensure that transcripts for language model training meet all accuracy and formatting requirements
- Revise and maintain transcription guideline documentation
- Provide support for model training including transcribing and translating audio in English and target language, and compiling OOV pronunciations in order to improve language models
- Translate and refine custom and templated call categorization models for Voci’s speech analytics products
- Conduct V-Spark training classes and customer demos for audiences in target language
- Work with Sales and Marketing to provide accurate and polished responses to inquiries from customers
- Provide support for the development of emotion ID and agent notes summarization
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, with focus in Business or the Social Sciences; an engineering degree or minor is highly desirable
- Minimum 1 year professional experience, software/start-up environment a plus
- Knowledge of the Speech Analytics market desired
- Working knowledge of one or more foreign languages beneficial
- Prior Portuguese, specifically the Brazilian dialect, interpreting experience beneficial
- Professional working proficiency in Portuguese
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technologies and tools
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills
- Analytical thinker, ability to identify patterns, trends and anomalies
- Creative problem-solver
- Strong communication skills including formal presentation skills
- Strong work ethic
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office/Google G-Suite required
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.
For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.
Back to top