Medallia is the pioneer and market leader in Experience Management. Our award-winning SaaS platform, Medallia Experience Cloud, leads the market in the understanding and management of experience for candidates, customers, employees, patients, citizens and residents.
We are more than a software company. We want to be known as a company that does the right thing, no matter the challenge or controversy. We are committed to creating a culture that values every person and every experience. Individual life experiences shape the way we interact with the world, which is why we encourage people to bring their whole selves to work each day. The strength of our global workforce is the most significant contributor to our success.
We believe: Every Experience Matters. Talent is Everywhere. All Belong Here.
At Medallia, we hire the whole person.
At Medallia we are always looking for the best practices to help our clients improve their customers and employees’ experiences. This time, we are transcribing call center audio calls to text and processing them through our analytics pipeline. There are multiple technical solutions the call centers might have so we plan to build all the required connectors to integrate them into the Medallia Speech to Text pipeline. This pipeline will also increase its responsibilities to support the business needs. That’s why our Speech to Text Team is growing.Our team is responsible for the pipeline and services to process these data for different customers in a scalable and resilient fashion, working with technologies like Kafka, S3 and Spring. We work very closely with the Product team to understand and propose the best solutions to bring to our customers.Join us and be part of these exciting projects and teams, it will definitely be a great experience for all of us.
- As a Software Engineer on our Speech team, you will be responsible for architecting and developing the building blocks of the next generation of products at Medallia
- You will work in a distributed team (Prague, San Mateo, Buenos Aires), with members bringing different cultural takes
- Your work will connect the world's leading businesses to their customers by helping them understand different unstructured signals based on audio transcriptions, over a service-oriented architecture
- You will solve challenging technical problems related to distributed data processing systems, applications of large scale, and help take the industry leading SaaS platform to the next level
- You will be responsible for the code quality, health and the stability of production systems for a multi tenant data processing farm and its underlying audio transcription processing pipelines
- You will collaborate with Product and Design/UX teams to build innovative new features and products for the Customer Experience space.
- You will improve the scale, quality, performance, and security of Medallia’s data processing applications
Our Engineering culture:
- We don’t expect to be perfect, but we are always proactively seeking out ways to help ourselves and our teams to minimize pain points within our infrastructure and code base
- We love technology -- and we follow the latest technologies while sharing what we learn
- We are not afraid of failing when we are experimenting with different technologies, development methodologies, and toolings
- We build strong relationships with team members around the globe
- Strong experience in a technical role
- 4+ years software development experience on product engineering teams
- Strong experience with code quality best practices and implementing testing architectures and modularization on large codebases
- Have performed software development in a production environment using a mainstream object-oriented programming language (Java, Java Libraries, Java Frameworks preferred)
- Knowledge of Distributed Data Processing Systems
- Knowledge of Data Ingestion workflowsExperience with API frameworks, e.g. Swagger or RAML, and API lifecycle infrastructure and management tools
- Experience building high performance, well tested applications
- Strong practitioner of best practices
- Strong customer focus, ownership, and drive
- Deep experience with agile software development process
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or equivalent practical experience
At Medallia, we celebrate diversity and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity is afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other protected category. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.
For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.