Insights Analyst - Pathforward Returnship
About the Insights Team
- Medallia Insights is a first-of-its-kind customer experience consulting team. Its role is to multiply the value of Medallia’s software by uncovering data-driven stories for Medallia customers, and then partner with them to take actions to improve their customer experience and achieve business results.
- The Insights team is high performing, with a track record of performance. Team headcount has grown 2x over the past 2 years, client work has average an NPS of 70+ and team engagement scores are some of the highest at Medallia. The team focuses its efforts on top brands on a global basis.
- Today, Medallia Insights is staffed by a cross-discipline team of problem solvers ranging from Senior Managers to Analysts, who are located in Palo Alto and New York. They have a mix of PhD, MBA and BS/MS in quantitative/research disciplines.
- We’ve only just scratched the surface of Insights’ potential, and our team’s role is critical to the near and long term distinctiveness of Medallia!
- As an Insights Analyst you will work with senior decision makers at admired brands on a mission critical task—helping companies improve in the eyes of their ultimate judges: customers.
- You’ll tackle real business problems by analyzing operational, customer and financial data, alongside some of the world’s largest customer feedback datasets. This role will position you for many career growth options at the intersection of customer experience, management consulting, and data science.
Delivery: A Core Part of this Role
- In your first 3 months, you’ll help deliver the results of your first consulting engagement to a Fortune 500 company.
- You’ll work with one of our Managers or Senior Managers to uncover actionable and commercially focused insights. You’ll then deliver recommendations to senior decision-makers at our clients. Each of your projects will also have an Advisor who will help provide new perspectives and direction for your project team.
- In the beginning, you’ll be exposed to a different industries, colleagues and type of consulting engagements every 4-6 weeks. Over time, we’ll help you uncover your specific passions through targeted opportunities and then help you develop in those areas -- this could be anything from developing new consulting offerings through deeper analytics, scaling our team’s learnings into Medallia’s product, learning how to commercially sell professional services to writing thought leadership articles with the help of our Marketing team. We call this helping you pursue your career dream!
Development & Training: Enabling your Career Dreams
- Our full team will enable your development: largely through on-project training, but also via ad hoc trainings on analytics, presentation skills, client and project management skills -- depending on your unique development needs.
- You will also be part a team that provides each other with regular, real-time and feedback to help us improve ourselves.
- Want more? You’ll also:
- Advise Medallia’s senior leaders on how to make our company an even more amazing place to work (no easy task!), and
- Partner with other teams at Medalia, such as Product to invent new features, and Recruiting to attract the next generation of Medallians!
Experience, Skills and Education
- Within Insights, we’ve built a portfolio team where each individual brings a complementary set of skills, experiences and backgrounds that make us stronger together.
- Are a self-starter, creative thinker, lightning-fast learner and great problem-solver, eager to take on our client’s biggest CX challenges
- Have 1.5+ years of experience in a management consulting, internal strategy/operations, data analytics, data science, or marketing analytics role
- Have 1+ years experience in regression-based analytics of large datasets
- Have a high proficiency with a statistical software package (e.g., R, Stata, SPSS, SAS, Tableau)
- Have client-facing experience or experience working internally with senior stakeholders to enable their decision-making
- Have a growth mindset. Check out Dr. Carol Dweck’s book, “Mindset”, as this is a key trait we value in Medallians.
- Have a fantastic attention to detail, excellent communication skills and are a polished presenter
- Often question the status quo and take ownership to make things around you better
- Have a BA/BS in Statistics/Economics/Behavioral Economics/Data Science or related technical major (MS in any of the above a plus).
Meet Some of Medallia's Employees
Sales Development Representative
Natalie works on the Inside Sales Team to find new customers interested in partnering with Medallia. She helps these partners improve customer experience at their respective companies.
Back to top