Head of Procurement
- We are looking for our first Head of Procurement who, partnering with key functions across Medallia, will architect and execute a best-in-class procurement function.
- This position will initially have two direct procurement staff and will report to the our IT Operations leadership.
More Specifically, You Will:
- Review current procure-to-pay workflows and systems to determine changes to enable optimized outcomes (see Supplier Management Priorities) and 100% controls compliance.
- Determine appropriate thresholds and approvals for purchase order and procurement card usage, including incorporation with Concur and NetSuite systems.
- Provide recommendations for streamlining Medallia’s Commitment and Expenditure Policy while not introducing risk to the procure-to-pay process.
- Work closely with Legal and Finance to optimize procurement contract requirements, defaults, and back-stop terms provisions.
- Develop forecasting methodology for all indirect and data center procurement.
- Review all SaaS and other contracts and deliver material improvements to cost and working capital parameters.
- Working closely with Engineering and SaaSOps, determine optimal suppliers and build-out strategy of Medallia’s data centers and development operations worldwide.
- Lead the existing procurement team and transform the function into a high-performing engine.
- Architect an initial and ongoing program for negotiating (including re-negotiation of existing) contracts and other procurements.
- Utilize team and key staff linkages to ensure controls for received goods and services.
- Work with Accounting to develop a tight, fast-cycle 3 way matching process without requestor lapses for invoice approvals.
- Work with Treasury to manage the company’s D&B rating through prompt payment cycles and other drivers.
- At least 10 years experience in procurement and commodity management, ideally both direct and indirect procurement.
- Extensive experience in negotiating SaaS purchase contracts (Salesforce, NetSuite, Workday, etc.) with industry-leading results.
- Proven track record as a procurement or commodity management leader responsible for an annual procurement budget of >$50M with global scope.
- Supervisor or manager experience, both with direct staff and external outside expert resources.
- High-growth SaaS or technology company experience.
- Successful start-up and public company experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, materials management, business administration, or equivalent.
- Strategic negotiator to the mutual benefit of Medallia and our supply chain.
- Inherently frugal. Nothing makes you prouder than getting the best, sustainable deal on the planet while never over-negotiating the outcome.
- Suppliers describe as tough, but fair and loyal when warranted.
- Gets the numbers and understands the fundamentals of contract law.
- Hands-on first-level manager who thrives on both direct/individual contributor activities and leadership.
- Growth mindset – love learning something new everyday.
- Unwavering integrity.
Meet Some of Medallia's Employees
Sales Development Representative
Natalie works on the Inside Sales Team to find new customers interested in partnering with Medallia. She helps these partners improve customer experience at their respective companies.
Back to top