Medallia is the pioneer and market leader in Experience Management. Our award-winning SaaS platform, Medallia Experience Cloud, leads the market in the understanding and management of experience for candidates, customers, employees, patients, citizens and residents.
We are more than a software company. We want to be known as a company that does the right thing, no matter the challenge or controversy. We are committed to creating a culture that values every person and every experience. Individual life experiences shape the way we interact with the world, which is why we encourage people to bring their whole selves to work each day. The strength of our global workforce is the most significant contributor to our success.
We believe: Every Experience Matters. Talent is Everywhere. All Belong Here.
At Medallia, we hire the whole person.
About the Sales Team
- Medallia Sales brings our unique approach to Operational Customer Experience Management to enterprise customers across Federal, PubSec, Financial Services, B2B, Telecoms, Retail, Hospitality, and Automotive industries. Our team is responsible for winning the trust and building long-term relationships with our impressive customer base: 4 of America’s 5 largest banks, 6 of the 10 largest global Telcos, 5 out of the 10 biggest Fortune 500 retailers, 7 of the 10 largest global hotel chains, and 3 of the world’s top luxury car brands.
- As a team of consultative Sales professionals, our mission is to create a legendary team and establish a reputation across enterprise software for sales excellence, career growth, and fun.
- Because Customer Experience is at the forefront of the government's thinking today, our Public Sector sales team is leading the charge to support numerous government agencies by providing them with the best CX tools available. Medallia has proven its commitment to this space by making major investments to support this business such as FedRAMP high authorization and a sales team dedicated to selling to the Department of Defense.
- New seasoned sales leader brought in from INDUSTRY HEAVYWEIGHTS to take team to next level.
- Leadership's primary driver is to help reps max comp plans.
- Aggressive comp payouts, no commission caps, no windfall clause, and very seller-friendly quotas.
- PubSec/Fed/DoD is highly valued and has deep visibility to the executive and board level.
- Inside sales and engineering support.
- Dedicated PubSec marketing team to support.
- Structured full-time capture team to support larger pursuits.
- Digital sales campaign teams that specialize in DoD prospecting for SD's.
- Field technical support and ex-Federal SME's retained to break down doors.
- PubSec /Federal Alliance team to support SD's full time in partner management and sales campaign.
Top 10 Reason To Join The Team:
About the Role
- As a Sales Director, you will primarily target new business opportunities within the DoD
- Research target agencies and develop prospecting campaigns.
- Dive deep in understanding the potential for business alignment.
- Go high-and-wide within target agencies to understand the full scope of opportunity.
- Lead entire sales cycle from initial opportunity creation to finalizing opportunity outcome. This includes prospecting campaigns, driving the discovery process at meetings with both prospects and clients, forecasting, selling with Value Framework, and ultimately closing the deal.
- Engage with the sales ecosystem and Medallia Partners in support of sales opportunities.
- Participate in internal team meetings to collaborate with the supporting ecosystem on opportunities, resolve customer issues, share best practices, and work with cross-functional teams.
- Location is flexible.
- 5+ years of field sales experience at an Enterprise software/SaaS organization
- Prior experience selling into DoD required
- Proven top performer (consistently exceeds targets)
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Proven analytical ability
- CRM systems knowledge
- Experience in start-up, high-growth companies and/or clearly articulated passion for entrepreneurial environments
- Training in “solution” or “customer-centric” selling
- Understanding of Enterprise Feedback Management (EFM)
At Medallia, we celebrate diversity and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity is afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other protected category. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.
For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.