Medallia was founded on a simple idea: that companies can win by putting the customer before everything else. Our SaaS platform does this by capturing customer feedback, analyzing it in real-time, and then delivering it to everyone in a company — from the C-suite to the frontline — to help them improve. We’re now considered the leaders in a space we helped to create, we’re Sequoia backed, and we’re growing like crazy, doubling in size every 12 months. Medallia Engineering is a global, nononsense, and flat organization where the best ideas are implemented, no matter where they come from. We’ve got a culture focused on smarts, kindness, continual learning, feedback...and our people love it. Come find out why!
We are seeking a tenured senior manager capable of not simply operating, but thriving in this type of environment— providing context, removing roadblocks, developing people and guiding them to success. Your team will be positively impacting the lives of millions of people everyday! You’re pushing technology to its limits.
- Authors big dreams and executes fearlessly
- Committed to becoming the best version of ourselves by challenging one another
- Ensures every action improves customers’ experience
- You’re in standup circles listening to blockers from the team in one moment and sitting in a product strategy with the company senior leadership in the next.
- You constantly scour LinkedIn, Hired, and every possible candidate sourcing tool to find great talent, and can recite an elevator pitch about why someone should join your team...in your sleep.
- You appreciate the need of the right amount of process.
- You are not afraid of failing while experimenting with different development methodologies, tools, and process until you find what works for your team and your company overall.
ABOUT THE JOB
As a Engineering Manager, you will specialize in leading and motivating a team of engineers through a journey of cross functional dependencies and project priorities as well as professional and technical development. Most importantly, you will be an innovative force that drives the team to always learn and grow all while delivering an exceptional product to our clients.
Day to day rewards of the role are:
- Leading one of our core engineering teams; including attracting, developing, and retaining exceptional talent
- Partnering with Product Managers/Design to provide technical guidance in support of building a phenomenal product.
- Execution against the full SDLC, its organization, coordination and ongoing management
- Partnering with cross-functional stakeholders to balance innovation, quality, and technical debt
- Working with a “Think Tank” of peers to develop, define, and deliver against Medallia’s technical roadmap
- Play an active role in shaping and evangelizing Medallia’s global engineering organization
- 5+ years of experience directly managing people
- 7+ years of experience shipping high quality, customer-centric software
- Experience managing the software development lifecycle using agile methodologies
- Proficiency working within a fast-paced, flat, agile, and distributed environment
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field preferred
Meet Some of Medallia's Employees
Sales Development Representative
Natalie works on the Inside Sales Team to find new customers interested in partnering with Medallia. She helps these partners improve customer experience at their respective companies.
Back to top