Embedded Expert (Remote)
- San Francisco, CA
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
Medallia Embedded Experts (EE) partner with our clients and internal Medallia teams to enhance the development of best-in-class Customer (or Employee) Experience programs. The EE provides consulting and advisory services across a wide variety of strategic CX topics to drive the success of the Medallia program within the client’s organization and to propel the maturity of the client’s overall program. EEs build trusted advisor relationships with senior-level executives and client team leads in order to have effective and impactful engagements. Internally, the EE provides thought leadership, training, and mentorship to advance the breadth and depth of CX expertise across the organization. Externally, the EE shares their expertise via contributions to articles, webinars, participation in conferences, etc.
In this role, you will:
- In this role, you will:
- Utilize Medallia and industry methodologies to develop CX programs that achieve desired business objectives
- Execute a variety of engagements for clients including Program Assessments, CX Maturity Assessments, Change Management Guidance, Program Design, Developing Program Governance, Closed Loop Feedback Design, Customer Journey Mapping, Internal Communications, Training, Executive Reporting Development, etc.
- Apply specific examples from both past experience and knowledge of other programs to help clients build better customer experience behaviors, processes, and solutions
- Support clients in a variety of formats, depending on the clients needs, including 1) ad hoc support for the client on specific CX topics where they need additional expertise or providing support for key meetings such as Quarterly/Annual Business Reviews 2) execution of custom projects and workshops 3) dedicated engagements providing significant ongoing support to the client teams
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with key decision makers across the client organization by demonstrating a solid understanding of industry-specific trends in the CX space and how they translate into customer initiatives
- Interface with key client stakeholders (C Level and C Level -1) and effectively influence them to shape their CX program and executive sponsorship
- Deliver consultative recommendations to clients by drawing from information captured via their Medallia program, prior experience and knowledge of critical processes and industry acumen
- Contribute to the development of standardized EE offerings for use across the team
- Regularly share your POV and knowledge on CX topics to support other EEs and Medallia teams to address client needs/questions
- Develop vertical-specific content and best practices to help drive successful program development across clients within specific verticalsProvide mentorship, guidance and training to internal teams to develop CX expertise within Medallia
- Support Medallia thought leadership by contributing to articles, webinars, roundtables, conferences, etc.
- CCXP certification or the ability to become certified within 3-6 months of joining Medallia
- 8-10 years of CX experience with increasing responsibility in a delivery or practitioner role building and leading transformational CX programs
- Expertise across several CX functions in areas such as Program Design, Adoption and Engagement, Communication Strategy, Training, Actionable Insights, Customer Journey Mapping, Executive Reporting, Change Management, Inner and Outer Loop Development, etc.
- Ability to independently work and facilitate client engagements based on your CX and vertical expertise
- Ability to build and articulate the business case for CX transformationExperience managing medium to large-scale transformation initiatives
- Experience facilitating and delivering workshops, presentations, etc. across a wide range of stakeholders
- Ability to manage ambiguity and synthesize complex information into meaningful messages and recommendationsStrong executive presence with the ability to easily build relationships and influence others
- Ability to work creatively and analytically to solve problems
- Familiarity with CX Technology platforms like Medallia and others
- Willingness to travel up to 50%, to be determined by client needs and individual’s geographic location and abilities
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.
For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.
Back to top