Deal Desk Analyst
- Flexible / Remote
Medallia’s mission is to help companies win through customer experience. The world’s best-loved brands trust Medallia’s Experience Cloud™, which embeds the pulse of the customer in an organization and empowers employees with the real-time customer data, insights, and tools they need to make every experience great. Named a leader in the most recent Forrester Wave and ranked in the 2018 Forbes Cloud 100 list, Medallia is growing quickly, with a global footprint that spans Silicon Valley, Austin, New York, Washington DC, London, Paris, Sydney, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, and Prague. Here, we value people for each of the aspects that make them whole. We believe that people should not be defined only by a job title—nobody is "just an engineer" or "just a salesperson." We are each partners, parents, children, siblings, friends, and former classmates. We have different backgrounds and we celebrate different cultures. And, just like our product, we honor each of the experiences that build our people.
At Medallia we hire the whole person, not just a part of them.
The Deal Desk Analyst is responsible for providing support to the sales organization on complex deal structures. This critical role is responsible for actively working with sales, legal, revenue, and other cross functional teams on deal structuring and commercial terms for non-standard transactions. This individual contributor role is a true value-add partner and considered the business liaison to the field sales organization for all deals. This position reports to the Senior Manager, Deal Desk & Sales Order Operations.
- Be the trusted advisor to the sales team, collaborating on pricing, product, and commercial terms for non-standard transactions
- Actively participate in deal reviews with prospects, sales teams, and management
- Serve as an escalation point when needed to help move deals forward
- Cultivate internal relationships with all levels of the sales organization
- Work as the primary liaison between multiple groups, such as revenue, sales ops, legal, pricing, to help facilitate the deal process
- Identify and make recommendations for process improvements; assist or drive implementation
- Ad hoc responsibilities as needed to support the sales team
- Manage all approvals on non-standard terms
- Partner with sales / legal / finance to resolve complex contract issues and develop solutions in compliance with business practices and policies
- Utilize SFDC CPQ, ensuring Quotes and Order Forms are approved within pricing and discount policies
- User acceptance testing when new products or policies are rolled out
- 3 years of experience in a deal desk, finance, contracts, sales operations, or revenue role
- 1 year of Software/SaaS industry experience
- 1+ year of experience working with revenue recognition principles and US GAAP
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 1 year of CPQ tool experience
- Understanding of the sales process and the ability to navigate and progress long, complex sales cycles
- Strong business acumen with excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Adept at business partnering and working with cross functional teams, building meaningful business relationships along the way
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure; dependable with deliverables and deadlines, able to multi-task
- Flexible to work extended hours during peak periods
- Result driven and organized, with excellent attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong listening, analytic and organizational skills
- Effective communicator, both written and verbal
At Medallia, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it and recognize the value it brings to our customers and employees. Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won't unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, Veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We also consider all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Medallia is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act and local disability laws.
For information regarding how Medallia collects and uses personal information, please review our Privacy Policies.
Back to top