Backend Full Stack Engineer (Infrastructure Services)
Lead a movement. Build a community. Never Settle.
Medallia is the global leader in Customer Experience Management. Our goal is to create a customer-centric world where companies see you as a person, and not just their next sale. We do this by creating a bridge between companies and their clients, giving them access to your eyes, ears, and hearts, so they can design and deliver exceptional experiences, every single day.
Medallia Engineering is a global, no-nonsense and approachable organization where the best ideas are implemented, no matter where they come from. We’ve got a culture focused on smarts, kindness, continual learning, and feedback… and our people love it. Come find out why!
As a Infrastructure Services Distributed Systems Engineer at Medallia, you will be joining the team that is building the next generation infrastructure platform and tools around Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), and Platform as a Service (PaaS) that is resilient, scalable, and self-healing, enabling end to end lifecycle management of the micro services and application stack to power Medallia’s growth and future. Want to be part of building cutting edge technology platforms/framework used by scores of developers that you can be proud of? Then come join the Medallia Engineering Infrastructure Services team and you will have a blast.
MORE SPECIFICALLY, YOU WILL:
- Develop fully automated orchestration services that manages life cycle of of the application stack/services for global deployments.
- Create an elastic compute platform using popular open source technology platforms (Docker, Mesos, Aurora, Block Storage).
- Build highly available services for service composition, cross services security, persistence, and event processing.
- Implement tools and frameworks to enable monitoring, logging, alerting, and debugging at scale.
- Contribute to and extend open source software that is at the edge of innovation.
OUR ENGINEERING CULTURE
- We don’t expect to be perfect, but we are always proactively seeking out ways to help ourselves and our teams to minimize pain points within our infrastructure and code base.
- We love technology -- and follow the latest technologies and sharing what we learn.
- We are not afraid of failing when we are experimenting with different technologies, development methodologies, and tools.
- We build strong relationships with team members around the globe.
- 5+ years of commercial industry experience working on complex back-end distributed systems.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience with Java.
- BS CS or equivalent degree (MS preferred)
Medallia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Back to top