We're a tiny team with ambition and room to grow. We have big dreams for MealPal's future and we need bright, talented people to help get us there. As one of the first UX engineers, you'll be responsible for the face of our brand and product, partnering closely product and design to build fast, beautiful, useable interfaces for customers and restaurants alike. You'll define what's possible, driving frontend tech stack decisions and defining best practices for the engineering team as a whole.
What you'll do:
UX Engineers at MealPal are responsible for serving up some fresh delight to our customers. Our customers expect a streamlined, speedy experience that's accessible on any device. Day one, you'll build consumer-facing applications in Angular against a Rails API, as well as traditional, non-SPA internal tools in Rails.
Additionally, you'll be responsible for guiding the future of MealPal's consumer-facing architecture. How do we ensure consistent styles across all MealPal's applications? What's this yarn thing all about? What scaling issues are we going to encounter a month from now? What should we be doing to ensure we stay happy, productive engineers? We want lively debate from the whole team.
Examples of past projects:
- Lazy-load images via infinite scroll component to improve site performance.
- Implement ingredient preferences post-signup flow to collect and tailor meal display to new customers.
- Design and implement a 12-column responsive grid layout to maximize usability across screens of any size.
- POC internal dashboard to coordinate MealPal employees picking up lunch together.
What we're looking for:
- Love for the science and art of product-driven engineering.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams encompassing product, design, engineering, and analytics.
- 3+ years of experience building responsive consumer web applications
- Not just tolerate, but embrace SCSS as a first class citizen of our engineering toolchain.
- Belief in the power of lo-fi demos to get the point across before building full fidelity products.
- Aptitude for turning Sketch mocks into tidy, semantic HTML and SASS.
- Informed opinions about SPAs & frameworks like Angular, React, & Vue.
- Eager to engage in a whiteboard discussion on any topic from vertical scalability to human interaction design.
- http://xkcd.com/208/ makes you chuckle.
- A GitHub account with a pet project or two.
- A fascination with usability, consumer behavior, and user research.
- Experience building Ruby applications and APIs.
Meet Some of MealPal's Employees
We have a great team of people here who are excited to build the company from the ground up and to truly make a difference every single day.
Back to top