Do you thrive on creating innovative publicity ideas and developing relationships with journalists and editors? Do you consider yourself resourceful, determined, a strong and convincing writer, and a social butterfly?
As PR Manager, you’re a critical liaison and ambassador between MealPal and the press, with the mission to grow MealPal’s visibility in the market and enhance its differentiation from competitors. You inherently understand what makes a story appealing to specific publications and know how to crisply tell our story to editors and writers.
- Lead day-to-day PR and collaborate with internal teams (marketing, sales, product, creative) to develop ideas and execute PR campaigns.
- Conceptualize and develop written materials, including press releases, statements, briefing materials, pitch letters, media Q+As, and other documents.
- Brainstorm and implement creative tactics that help elevate consumer-focused storylines.
- Build relationships with key and diverse industry reporters and influencers across food and technology segments to communicate MealPal’s positioning.
- Consistently pitch and grow steady earned media placements across all media channels (online, print, TV, radio), and track all performance metrics (impressions, referral clicks, etc).
- Manage incoming media requests and interviews, ensuring prompt follow-up.
- Support product and market launches to ensure the optimal media relations and brand positioning for all events.
- 3-4+ years of PR experience in business, tech, or consumer/lifestyle industries
- Superb written and verbal communications skills
- Creative storytelling ability and proven experience in creating and executing successful consumer-driven PR campaigns
- Can-do attitude; crazy hustle; ability to get things done; entrepreneurial mind-set.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
Nice to Haves:
- Strong existing relationships with a diverse set of reporters, especially those who cover food/culinary trends and food business
- Prior experience working in a small startup environment or food company.
- Prior experience working with direct response or subscription-based services.
- Competitive base salary
- Meaningful equity and the opportunity to build something
- Health benefits, paid vacation, and free lunch
- Opportunity to work with a smart, passionate team
- Free lunch every day. All employees receive a complimentary MealPal account.
- Health Insurance (Medical, Vision, Dental).
- Competitive compensation and equity packages.
- Fully-stocked kitchen with every snack you can imagine.
- Monthly team social outings and events.
- Working with a group of supremely talented and dedicated folks across every discipline.
Meet Some of MealPal's Employees
Customer Experience Manager
Lauren leads the Customer Experience Team in its quest to give all MealPal members an excellent experience across the organization’s website and mobile app.
Back to top