Do you thrive on creating innovative publicity ideas and developing relationships with journalists and editors? Do you consider yourself resourceful, determined, a strong and convincing writer, and a social butterfly?
As PR Manager, you’re a critical liaison and ambassador between MealPal and the press, with the mission to grow MealPal’s visibility in the market and enhance its differentiation from competitors. You inherently understand what makes a story appealing to specific publications and know how to crisply tell our story to editors and writers.
- Lead day-to-day PR and collaborate with internal teams (marketing, sales, product, creative) to develop ideas and execute PR campaigns.
- Conceptualize and develop written materials, including press releases, statements, briefing materials, pitch letters, media Q+As, and other documents.
- Brainstorm and implement creative tactics that help elevate consumer-focused storylines.
- Build relationships with key and diverse industry reporters and influencers across food and technology segments to communicate MealPal’s positioning.
- Consistently pitch and grow steady earned media placements across all media channels (online, print, TV, radio), and track all performance metrics (impressions, referral clicks, etc).
- Manage incoming media requests and interviews, ensuring prompt follow-up.
- Support product and market launches to ensure the optimal media relations and brand positioning for all events.
- 3-4+ years of PR experience in business, tech, or consumer/lifestyle industries
- Superb written and verbal communications skills
- Creative storytelling ability and proven experience in creating and executing successful consumer-driven PR campaigns
- Can-do attitude; crazy hustle; ability to get things done; entrepreneurial mind-set.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
Nice to Haves:
- Strong existing relationships with a diverse set of reporters, especially those who cover food/culinary trends and food business
- Prior experience working in a small startup environment or food company.
- Prior experience working with direct response or subscription-based services.
- Competitive base salary
- Meaningful equity and the opportunity to build something
- Health benefits, paid vacation, and free lunch
- Opportunity to work with a smart, passionate team
- Free lunch every day. All employees receive a complimentary MealPal account.
- Health Insurance (Medical, Vision, Dental).
- Competitive compensation and equity packages.
- Fully-stocked kitchen with every snack you can imagine.
- Monthly team social outings and events.
- Working with a group of supremely talented and dedicated folks across every discipline.
Back to top