Lead Software Engineer
The MealPal team believes finding lunch doesn’t have to be a chore and neither does your day job.
Engineering is a small (but growing!) team with a lot of ambition and heart. We love opinionated people who can roll up their sleeves and bring out the best in a team. We value pragmatic, passionate engineers with experience, drive, and a collaborative spirit.
- Lead a handful of engineers focused on a specific piece of MealPal's domain.
- Design, build, and maintain applications for the MealPal platform.
- Collaborate with Product and CX to develop feature roadmaps that stay true to product vision.
- Love for the science and art of product-driven engineering.
- Experience leading a team and working with cross-functional teams encompassing product, design, engineering, and analytics.
- 5+ years of experience in Ruby, Node.js, Python, or Java. We build applications in Rails & Node.js.
- Deep understanding of fundamental CS algorithms & data structures.
- Belief in and adherence to test-first development.
- Comfort at the command line on Debian and macOS.
- Adept at turning Sketch mocks into tidy, minimal HTML/CSS.
- Consider logging and metrics collection a first-class priority.
- Eager to engage in a whiteboard discussion on any topic from vertical scalability to human interaction design.
- Competitive base salary
- Meaningful equity and the opportunity to build something
- Health benefits, paid vacation, and free lunch
- Opportunity to work with a smart, passionate team
Back to top