Lead Software Engineer
The MealPal team believes finding lunch doesn’t have to be a chore and neither does your day job.
Engineering is a small (but growing!) team with a lot of ambition and heart. We love opinionated people who can roll up their sleeves and bring out the best in a team. We value pragmatic, passionate engineers with experience, drive, and a collaborative spirit.
- Lead a handful of engineers focused on a specific piece of MealPal's domain.
- Design, build, and maintain applications for the MealPal platform.
- Collaborate with Product and CX to develop feature roadmaps that stay true to product vision.
- Love for the science and art of product-driven engineering.
- Experience leading a team and working with cross-functional teams encompassing product, design, engineering, and analytics.
- 5+ years of experience in Ruby, Node.js, Python, or Java. We build applications in Rails & Node.js.
- Deep understanding of fundamental CS algorithms & data structures.
- Belief in and adherence to test-first development.
- Comfort at the command line on Debian and macOS.
- Adept at turning Sketch mocks into tidy, minimal HTML/CSS.
- Consider logging and metrics collection a first-class priority.
- Eager to engage in a whiteboard discussion on any topic from vertical scalability to human interaction design.
- Competitive base salary
- Meaningful equity and the opportunity to build something
- Health benefits, paid vacation, and free lunch
- Opportunity to work with a smart, passionate team
Meet Some of MealPal's Employees
Customer Experience Manager
Lauren leads the Customer Experience Team in its quest to give all MealPal members an excellent experience across the organization’s website and mobile app.
Back to top