VP, Care & Clinical Services - Washington, DC
- Washington, DC
At MDA, we are fighting to free individuals — and the families who love them — from the harmful effects of muscle-debilitating diseases so they can live longer and grow stronger.
Our Values are our strength:
We believe in MUSCLE:
- Mission: We’re driven to accelerate progress for families and muscle health.
- Understanding: We’re attentive to our constituent’s needs and each other’s.
- Stewardship: By investing precious resources wisely, we drive the best possible outcomes.
- Collaboration: We foster win-win partnerships and build communities.
- Learning: Knowledge powers our success and empowers our people.
- Excellence: We strive to do our best and exceed constituents’ expectations.
The VP, Care & Clinical Services is responsible for leadership and management of all operational aspects of the MDA Care Center Grant Program, Care & Clinical Services Field Team, Technology & Resource Center and Program Development. The VP, Care & Clinical Services reports directly into the Sr. VP, Chief Policy & Community Engagement Officer. In addition to the leadership of MDA’s Care & Clinical Services teams and programs, the successful candidate will provide strategic leadership, operations oversight, and active management to assure a comprehensive and high impact Care & Clinical Services program. This position provides leadership and instructional supervision for staff, and is instrumental in creating, organizing and overseeing many of MDA’s Mission and programs.
- Lead and manage MDA’s nationwide Care & Clinical Services team and oversee MDA’s Care & Clinical programs, including MDA’s care center network, national resource center, program development department, and recreational community programs.
- Oversee development of annual budgets and business plans for Care & Clinical Services departments
- Fiscal accountability of Care & Clinical Services departments and for ensuring resources are being allocated to their highest and best use to advance MDA’s mission
- Oversight of department metrics and develop reports for MDA executive leadership and Board of Directors on department activities and progress
- Provide strategic guidance, management, and oversight of MDA’s Care Center Grant and recertification program and continuous quality improvement program initiatives
- Collaborate with departments across MDA and with intenal and external stakeholders for the purpose of building partnerships, as well as implementing and maintaining services and/or programs.
- Oversee management of key advisory committees
- Mentor, counsel, and motivate staff and provide disciplinary actions to assigned personnel.
- Collaborate with leaders across the organization to ensure interdepartmental coordination
- Regular written communications and engagement with Care Center directors and teams.
- Develop and monitor budget for Care & Clinical Services and prepare regular reports on budget status and forecasting.
- Participate in intenal and external meetings, workshops and seminars for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
- Oversee the development of presentations, training mateirals, and collateral about MDA’s Care & Clinical Services programs
- Ensure compliance with all MDA policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
- Bachelors degree required; masters degree required, with advanced degree in health care administration, management, or related field strongly preferred
- Clinical experience and/or credential strongly preferred.
- 7 or more years of leadership experience with focus on managing complex programs and staff in multiple geographic locations.
- Previous experience in health care institutions, voluntary health organizations and/or health related industry is required.
- Successful track record in strategic planning, program implementation, consensus building and relationship building.
- Ability to travel.
- Must be able to work in a dynamic, complex, fast-paced organization.
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills.
- High professional standards with the ability to translate broad goals into achievable steps.
- Strategic and data-driven thinker with excellent analytical skills and ability to identify and respond to issues/opportunities in a timely manner.
- Comfortable interacting with families from diverse disability, cultural and economic backgrounds within a semi-medical environment.
- Advanced technology and computer skills.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Back to top