VP, Care & Clinical Services
Our Values are our strength:
We believe in MUSCLE:
- Mission: We’re driven to accelerate progress for families and muscle health.
- Understanding: We’re attentive to our constituent’s needs and each other’s.
- Stewardship: By investing precious resources wisely, we drive the best possible outcomes.
- Collaboration: We foster win-win partnerships and build communities.
- Learning: Knowledge powers our success and empowers our people.
- Excellence: We strive to do our best and exceed constituents’ expectations.
The VP, Care & Clinical Services is responsible for leadership and management of all operational aspects of the MDA Care Center Grant Program, Care & Clinical Services Field Team, Technology & Resource Center and Program Development. The VP, Care & Clinical Services reports directly into the Sr. VP, Chief Policy & Community Engagement Officer. In addition to the leadership of MDA’s Care & Clinical Services teams and programs, the successful candidate will provide strategic leadership, operations oversight, and active management to assure a comprehensive and high impact Care & Clinical Services program. This position provides leadership and instructional supervision for staff, and is instrumental in creating, organizing and overseeing many of MDA’s Mission and programs. Location options include Washington DC, Boston or New York City.
- Lead and manage MDA’s nationwide Care & Clinical Services team and oversee MDA’s Care & Clinical programs, including MDA’s care center network, national resource center, program development department, and recreational community programs.
- Oversee development of annual budgets and business plans for Care & Clinical Services departments.
- Fiscal accountability of Care & Clinical Services departments and for ensuring resources are being allocated to their highest and best use to advance MDA’s mission.
- Oversight of department metrics and develop reports for MDA executive leadership and Board of Directors on department activities and progress.
- Provide strategic guidance, management, and oversight of MDA’s Care Center Grant and recertification program and continuous quality improvement program initiatives.
- Collaborate with departments across MDA and with intenal and external stakeholders for the purpose of building partnerships, as well as implementing and maintaining services and/or programs.
- Oversee management of key advisory committees.
- Mentor, counsel, and motivate staff and provide disciplinary actions to assigned personnel.
- Collaborate with leaders across the organization to ensure interdepartmental coordination.
- Regular written communications and engagement with Care Center directors and teams.
- Develop and monitor budget for Care & Clinical Services and prepare regular reports on budget status and forecasting.
- Participate in intenal and external meetings, workshops and seminars for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
- Oversee the development of presentations, training mateirals, and collateral about MDA’s Care & Clinical Services programs.
- Ensure compliance with all MDA policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
- Bachelors degree required; masters degree required, with advanced degree in health care administration, management, or related field strongly preferred
- Clinical experience and/or credential strongly preferred.
- 7 or more years of leadership experience with focus on managing complex programs and staff in multiple geographic locations.
- Previous experience in health care institutions, voluntary health organizations and/or health related industry is required.
- Successful track record in strategic planning, program implementation, consensus building and relationship building.
- Ability to travel.
- Must be able to work in a dynamic, complex, fast-paced organization.
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills.
- High professional standards with the ability to translate broad goals into achievable steps.
- Strategic and data-driven thinker with excellent analytical skills and ability to identify and respond to issues/opportunities in a timely manner.
- Comfortable interacting with families from diverse disability, cultural and economic backgrounds within a semi-medical environment.
- Advanced technology and computer skills.
- Located out of Washington DC, Boston or New York City.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of MDA's Employees
Director of Business Development
Nathan works with businesses in the local community to develop new partnerships with MDA. The funds he raises help the organization's mission grow and thrive.
Back to top