Volunteer Program Specialist
Our Purpose: we are fighting to free individuals — and the families who love them —from the harmful effects of muscle-debilitating diseases so they can live longer and grow stronger.
Our Values are our strength:
We believe in MUSCLE:
Mission: We’re driven to accelerate progress for families and muscle health.
Understanding: We’re attentive to our constituent’s needs and each other’s.
Stewardship: By investing precious resources wisely, we drive the best possible outcomes.
Collaboration: We foster win-win partnerships and build communities.
Learning: Knowledge powers our success and empowers our people.
Excellence: We strive to do our best and exceed constituents’ expectations.
The Volunteer Program Specialist will support MDA volunteer programs by assisting with the development of foundational aspects of the program. This position requires excellent communication skills and project management skills due to daily contacts with MDA staff and the MDA community. This position entails quick thinking and the ability to work independently.
- Assist the Associate Director with the development and maintenance of organizational wide Volunteer Strategy
- Respond to program requests with appropriate volunteer resources
- Maintain volunteer online resources and database
- Development training materials and tools forMDA staff and volunteers
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless support and customer service to volunteers
- Partners with stakeholders across MDA to create pipe line of volunteers as needed.
- Assist with creation of newsletters and other print and online materials to distribute relevant information
- Customer Service: Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service. Responds to requests for service and assistance. Meets commitments.
- Organizational Support: Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Planning/Organizing:Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Detail Minded: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; monitor own work to ensure quality and organization.
- Professionalism:Work well in a fast-paced environment; treat others with respect and consideration; accept responsibility for own actions. Ability to keep confidential information secure.
- Flexibility:Able to multitask in a changing work environment. Manage competing demands and unexpected events. Willing to change approach to best fit the situation.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience working with a volunteer program preferred
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong overall very interpersonal skills
- Must have excellent organizational skills and have the ability to manage multiple projects/assignments with accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with little supervision and meet established deadlines
- Must be able to exercise exceptional judgment;exhibit professional and ethical behavior and work well under pressure
- Time management skills
MDA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Back to top