Volunteer Program Assistant - Chicago, IL
OurPurpose: At MDA, we are fighting to free individuals — and the families wholove them — from the harmful effects of muscle-debilitating diseases so theycan live longer and grow stronger.
OurValues are our strength: We believe in MUSCLE:
Mission: We're drivento accelerate progress for families and muscle health.
Understanding: We'reattentive to our constituent's needs and each other's.
Stewardship: Byinvesting precious resources wisely, we drive the best possible outcomes.
Collaboration: Wefoster win-win partnerships and build communities.
Learning: Knowledgepowers our success and empowers our people.
Excellence: We striveto do our best and exceed constituents' expectations.
TheVolunteer Program Assistant will support MDA volunteer programs by assistingwith the recruitment, screening, training and support of volunteers. Thisposition requires excellent communication skills due to daily contacts withinthe MDA community and local service agencies. This position entails quickthinking and the ability to work independently.
- Screenvolunteers for MDA events and office support
- Respondto program requests with appropriate volunteer resources
- Maintainfrequent contact with volunteers to obtain missing registration information,answer questions, and to provide information in response to individual requests
- Help maintainvolunteer recruitment ads and online accounts, and assist with the expansion ofoutreach efforts for volunteers
- Maintainvolunteer online resources and database
- Identifycommunity outreach opportunities such as conferences, fairs, and local events
- Demonstratecontinuous effort to improve operations, work processes, and work cooperativelyand jointly to provide quality seamless support and customer service tovolunteers
- Createnewsletters and other print and online materials to distribute relevant information
- Customer Service: Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly tocustomer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service. Responds torequests for service and assistance. Meets commitments.
- Organizational Support -Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly andon time. Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organizationthrough outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Planning/Organizing -Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans foradditional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules otherpeople and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Detail Minded: Demonstrate accuracy andthoroughness; monitor own work to ensure quality and organization.
- Professionalism: Workwell in a fast-paced environment; treat others with respect and consideration;accept responsibility for own actions. Ability to keep confidential informationsecure.
- Flexibility: Able to multitask in achanging work environment. Manage competing demands and unexpectedevents. Willing to change approach to best fit the situation.
- Bachelor'sdegree preferred
- Mustpossess excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strongoverall very interpersonal skills
- Must haveexcellent organizational skills and have the ability to manage multipleprojects/assignments with accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstratedability to work independently with little supervision and meet establisheddeadlines
- Must beable to exercise exceptional judgment; exhibit professional and ethicalbehavior and work well under pressure
- Conference/meetingplanning experience
- Timemanagement skills
MDA is anEqual Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants willreceive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of MDA's Employees
Sabrina’s primary responsibility is working with the Fundraising Team at MDA to spread awareness about the organization’s mission and raise as much money as possible for the cause.
Back to top