Vice President of Financial Planning and Reporting
The VP of Financial Planning and Reporting is responsible for overseeing all FP&A activities including budgeting, forecasting, internal financial reporting, and variance analysis with the intent of optimizing the financial performance of the organization. The VP will support the streamlining and automation of financial reports and oversee a small team that handle the day-to-day. He/She will serve as a key financial interface between Finance and Non-Finance business leaders to drive major business initiatives by providing relevant data and analysis to support decision-making and enhance performance. He/She must have advanced analytical skills and a high level of business acumen to be able to translate financial data for no finance leaders as well as be able to assist and provide guidance and recommendations on financial planning and business decisions. This position will be a strategic decision maker and partner to organ izational and functional leaders while reporting directly to the CFO.
- Maintain, improve, and/or create modeling tools to increase financial transparency and improve organizational performance.
- Consolidate and analyze operating and financial data, including analysis of trends and drivers and budget variance analysis.
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variances.
- Provides in-depth analysis of financial results and develops narrative around variance analysis to present to key business leaders.
- Interpret financial data and translate information appropriately for non-finance leaders to create transparency and understanding
- of metrics.
- Perform scenario analysis to develop recommendations and provide guidance on business decisions based on the interpretation of financial
- Recommend actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; study proposed changes in methods and materials.
- Develops financial models, financial/operational metrics, reporting or other analytical tools to guide business understanding and
- Lead initiatives to continuously improve and automate forecasting and reporting tools.
- Lead cross-functional projects to drive simplification throughout the organization and to improve consistency in key Finance processes, reducing costs and improving profitability.
- Develop and improves financial processes: Finance reporting tools, management reporting tools, budgeting, forecasting processes, and
- Capital Investment.
- Oversee and manage all cash flow for the organization.
- Assist in the preparation of regular and ad hoc financial packages to be presented to organizational leaders and the board of directors.
- Manages special financial planning and/or analysis projects of varying nature and complexity.
- Prepare revenue forecasts including analysis and develop independent point of view on risks and opportunities
- Assist in the strategic planning process.
- Analyze financial data by collecting, monitoring and creating financial models for decision support.
- Improve financial status by analyzing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends; recommending actions to management.
- Provide leadership and other key stakeholders visibility to procurement organizational or business unit specific metrics.
- Lead, develop, and motivate procurement team to execute and elevate finance policies and programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. MBA or CPA preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of financial planning and analysis experience.
- Analytical aptitude and strong financial acumen with expert financial modeling skills.
- Proven track record of providing finance leadership and managing teams.
- Highly organized and responsive with a sense of urgency to provide high quality, accurate deliverables under tight time pressure.
- Demonstrated experience leading complex projects and coordinating activities with various functional teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Maturity, professionalism, and high level of discretion are required.
- Independent worker and analytical thinker with ability to conduct research, data analysis and resolve complex problems.
- Strong presence with the ability to interact with Senior Leadership.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Back to top