Travel Expense Clerk
- OurPurpose: AtMDA, we are fighting to free individuals — and the families who love them —from the harmful effects of muscle-debilitating diseases so they can livelonger and grow stronger.
Our Values are ourstrength:
We believe in MUSCLE:
- Mission: We’re driven to accelerate progress forfamilies and muscle health.
- Understanding: We’re attentive to our constituent’s needsand each other’s.
- Stewardship: By investing precious resources wisely, wedrive the best possible outcomes.
- Collaboration: We foster win-win partnerships and buildcommunities.
- Learning: Knowledge powers our success and empowers ourpeople.
- Excellence:** We strive to do our best and exceedconstituents’ expectations.
A Travel Expense Clerk is an organized professional supporting the dynamicleader of the accounts payable function. Reports to the Accounts PayableManager and works closely with all levels of the MDA Team. The Travel Expense Clerk does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- Works closely with FMS and Great Plains systems.
- Audit and Review of travel expense reports Checkrequests submitted by participants for both accuracy and assurance of compliancewith Company Travel Policies.
- Monitor and address inquires/travel expensereports/check request sent to Travel Expense inbox
- Responsible for monitoring and tracking travelexpense reports/check requests such as delinquency reports; takes appropriateaction when necessary.
- Maintain both electronic files and paper files
- Scanning of documents
- Responsible for fraud identification andpreliminary documentation as it relates to travel expenses.
- Responsible for heightening the awareness ofassociates to audit related issues such as not including receipts with expenserequest; exceeding travel limits; exceeding spending limits over the maximumallowable.
- Provides information and guidance on processingof expense reports/check requests and use of FMS and responds to questions fromassociates concerning expense policies and procedures.
- Communicate directly with staff/managers aboutincomplete or inaccurate TERs, missing support, nonreimbursable expenses, etc.
- Responsible for day-to-day expense managementoperations for more than 800 associates.
- Provide excellent customer service to employees
- Interface with all levels of Company employees.
- Individual will be expected to perform otherduties as assigned.
- Analytical:Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Usesintuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers andanalyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well ingroup problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotionaltopics.
- Professionalism- Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treatsothers with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position;Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Detail minded: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness;monitor own work to ensure quality and organization. Strong attention to detail whilemultitasking.
- Computer Skills: Advanced levelproficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs, ability to learn andadapt to new technologies.
- CustomerService: Prioritizes internal andexternal interactions and responds appropriately.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent or Associate’sDegree (in Accounting or Business preferred) and two years of experiencerequired.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office Suiteproducts (experience with Great Plains preferred) and 10-Key required.
- Good understanding of IRS expense and taxguidelines
- Ability to maintain confidentiality on sensitiveissues
- Ability to communicate effectively both orallyand in writing
MDA is an EqualOpportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receiveconsideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Back to top