Travel Expense Clerk
At MDA, we are fighting to free individuals — and the families who love them —from the harmful effects of muscle-debilitating diseases so they can live longer and grow stronger.
Our Values are our strength:
We believe in MUSCLE:
Mission: We’re driven to accelerate progress for families and muscle health.
Understanding: We’re attentive to our constituent’s needs and each other’s.
Stewardship: By investing precious resources wisely, we drive the best possible outcomes.
Collaboration: We foster win-win partnerships and build communities.
Learning: Knowledge powers our success and empowers our people.
Excellence: We strive to do our best and exceed constituents’ expectations.
A Travel Expense Clerk is an organized professional supporting the dynamic leader of the accounts payable function. Reports to the Accounts Payable Manager and works closely with all levels of the MDA Team. The Travel Expense Clerk does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- Works closely with FMS and Great Plains systems.
- Audit and Review of travel expense reports Check requests submitted by participants for both accuracy and assurance of compliance with Company Travel Policies.
- Monitor and address inquires/travel expense reports/check request sent to Travel Expense inbox
- Responsible for monitoring and tracking travel expense reports/check requests such as delinquency reports; takes appropriate action when necessary.
- Maintain both electronic files and paper files
- Scanning of documents
- Responsible for fraud identification and preliminary documentation as it relates to travel expenses.
- Responsible for heightening the awareness of associates to audit related issues such as not including receipts with expense request; exceeding travel limits; exceeding spending limits over the maximum allowable.
- Provides information and guidance on processing of expense reports/check requests and use of FMS and responds to questions from associates concerning expense policies and procedures.
- Communicate directly with staff/managers about incomplete or inaccurate TERs, missing support, non reimbursable expenses, etc.
- Responsible for day-to-day expense management operations for more than 800 associates.
- Provide excellent customer service to employees
- Interface with all levels of Company employees.
- Individual will be expected to perform other duties as assigned.
- Analytical:Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Professionalism- Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position;Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Detail minded: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness;monitor own work to ensure quality and organization. Strong attention to detail while multitasking.
- Computer Skills: Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs, ability to learn and adapt to new technologies.
- Customer Service: Prioritizes internal and external interactions and responds appropriately.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent or Associate's Degree (in Accounting or Business preferred) and two years of experience required.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite products (experience with Great Plains preferred) and 10-Key required.
- Good understanding of IRS expense and tax guidelines
- Ability to maintain confidentiality on sensitive issues
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
MDA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of MDA's Employees
Director of Business Development
Nathan works with businesses in the local community to develop new partnerships with MDA. The funds he raises help the organization's mission grow and thrive.
Back to top