At MDA, we are fighting to free individuals — and the families who love them — from the harmful effects of muscle-debilitating diseases so they can live longer and grow stronger.
Our Values are our strength: We believe in MUSCLE:
Mission: We’re driven to accelerate progress for families and muscle health.
Understanding: We’re attentive to our constituent’s needs and each other’s.
Stewardship: By investing precious resources wisely, we drive the best possible outcomes.
Collaboration: We foster win-win partnerships and build communities.
Learning: Knowledge powers our success and empowers our people.
Excellence: We strive to do our best and exceed constituents’ expectations.
The System Administrator is responsible for enabling and maintaining O365 Group Policies, directories, contacts and exchange needs. Additionally completing all access control and Active Directory tickets according to the agreed upon SLA. The System Administrators is expected to keep tight controls on administration rights throughout the enterprise and work with the team to ensure best security practices are in place and followed.
The System Admin works with all the IT members and vendors to ensure all systems are working and accessible as required.
The System Admin may need to work with all levels of the MDA Team.
- Creates e-mail user accounts and maintains mail routing tables, maintains security and distribution groups, provides first-level telephone support and troubleshoots e-mail problems.
- Configures, supports and maintains machine and client-level security for internal systems, systems collocated remotely and third party systems.
- Upgrades network hardware and software as required, maintains disaster recovery site.
- Installs new software releases, system upgrades, evaluates and installs patches and resolves software related problems.
- Creates maintains and disables user and system accounts. Maintains user permissions for the domain and for various applications. Security functions are audited, provides auditor with reports and evidence of MDA compliance with audit standards.
- Responsible for collaborating with the team for PCI compliance and HIPAA process and audit improvements.
- Maintains great relationships with key vendors.
- Reviews device and software logs on a regular basis as necessary to keep systems secure.
- Configures and supports Microsoft Active Directory.
- Works closely with NE and managed service providers to support hosted server infrastructure and telephony infrastructure.
- Provide continual suggestions for process, procedural and security improvements.
- Lead projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Project Management: Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Technical Skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service: Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service. Responds to requests for service and assistance. Meets commitments.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science preferred)
- 8-10 years of experience managing and maintaining SaaS and on premise applications.
- Experience managing and maintaining users in Active Directory and performing integrations using technologies.
- Experience with virtualization technologies.
- Experience with basic foundation networking principles such as VLAN assignment, trunks, and switching and routing.
- Strong familiarity with installation and maintenance with apps such as Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Comfortable working in close collaboration with other IT disciplines; collaboration includes attending meetings on project plans and system design, project oversight by a project manager and design, configuration and implementation collaboration with MDA NE, developer and Database Administrator.
- Extensive administration experience of O365 and SharePoint is preferred.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Back to top