Purpose:AtMDA, we are fighting to free individuals — and the families who love them —from the harmful effects of muscle-debilitating diseases so they can livelonger and grow stronger.
Our Values are ourstrength: We believe in MUSCLE:
Mission: We’re driven to accelerate progress forfamilies and muscle health.
Understanding: We’re attentive to our constituent’s needsand each other’s.
Stewardship: By investing precious resources wisely, we drivethe best possible outcomes.
Collaboration: We foster win-win partnerships and buildcommunities.
Learning: Knowledge powers our success and empowers ourpeople.
Excellence: We strive to do our best and exceedconstituents’ expectations.
The StaffAccountant maintains financial reports, records and general ledgers, andperform general bookkeeping. Reports to the Finance Manager and works closelywith all levels of the MDA Team. Provides management with financial informationby researching and analyzing accounts and preparing financial statements.
- Assist with preparation of schedules andanalysis of general ledger accounts for month end close, annual audit and IRSForm 990.
- Prepare, maintain, and understand balance sheetand income statement reconciliations.
- Enter and upload journal entries into GreatPlains Dynamics.
- Assist with daily recording of cashreceipts/deposits and cash reporting.
- Prepare monthly cash flow statement and cashflow forecasts.
- Prepare and perform monthly bank reconciliationsfor bank accounts.
- Prepare and perform monthly investment accountreconciliations and entries for investment accounts.
- Balance general ledger by preparing a trialbalance and making any necessary month end closing and reconciling entries.
- Complete accurate and timely monthly financialstatement preparation and analysis.
- Answer accounting and financial questions byresearching and interpreting data.
- Support the payroll processing cycle includingpreparing and processing bi-weekly payroll accruals and journal entries.
- Maintain fixed asset records, includingadditions, disposals and related month-end reporting and reconciliations.
- Assist field personnel to assemble sales taxinformation and reporting.
- Process credit applications as needed.
- Other duties and analysis as needed throughoutthe year.
- Analytical:Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Usesintuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- ProblemSolving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers andanalyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well ingroup problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotionaltopics.
- Dependability:Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibilityfor own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work whennecessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate personwith an alternate plan.
- BusinessAcumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Displaysorientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition;Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Professionalism- Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treatsothers with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position;Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Bachelor’s degree (in Accounting preferred) with3-5 years of experience required.
- Proficient computer skills including MicrosoftOffice Suite products including strong excel skills and use of pivot tables andVlookups. Experience with Great Plains preferred.
- Possess basic mathematic skills, the ability toanalyze figures, knowledge of accounting principles and excellent verbal andwritten skills.
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities andorganize efficiently.
MDA is an EqualOpportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receiveconsideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Back to top