Purpose: At MDA, we are fighting to free individuals — and the families who love them — from the harmful effects of muscle-debilitating diseases so they can live longer and grow stronger.
Our Values are our strength: We believe in MUSCLE:
Mission: We’re driven to accelerate progress for families and muscle health.
Understanding: We’re attentive to our constituent’s needs and each other’s.
Stewardship: By investing precious resources wisely, we drive the best possible outcomes.
Collaboration: We foster win-win partnerships and build communities.
Learning: Knowledge powers our success and empowers our people.
Excellence: We strive to do our best and exceed constituents’ expectations.
The Staff Accountant maintains financial reports, records and general ledgers, and perform general bookkeeping. Reports to the Finance Manager and works closely with all levels of the MDA Team. Provides management with financial information by researching and analyzing accounts and preparing financial statements.
- Assist with preparation of schedules and analysis of general ledger accounts for month end close, annual audit and IRS Form 990.
- Prepare, maintain, and understand balance sheet and income statement reconciliations.
- Enter and upload journal entries into Great Plains Dynamics.
- Assist with daily recording of cash receipts/deposits and cash reporting.
- Prepare monthly cash flow statement and cash flow forecasts.
- Prepare and perform monthly bank reconciliations for bank accounts.
- Prepare and perform monthly investment account reconciliations and entries for investment accounts.
- Balance general ledger by preparing a trial balance and making any necessary month end closing and reconciling entries.
- Complete accurate and timely monthly financial statement preparation and analysis.
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Support the payroll processing cycle including preparing and processing bi-weekly payroll accruals and journal entries.
- Maintain fixed asset records, including additions, disposals and related month-end reporting and reconciliations.
- Assist field personnel to assemble sales tax information and reporting.
- Process credit applications as needed.
- Other duties and analysis as needed throughout the year.
Analytical: Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Dependability: Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Bachelor’s degree (in Accounting preferred) with 3-5 years of experience required.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite products including strong excel skills and use of pivot tables and Vlookups. Experience with Great Plains preferred.
- Possess basic mathematic skills, the ability to analyze figures, knowledge of accounting principles and excellent verbal and written skills.
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities and organize efficiently.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Back to top