Our Values are our strength: We believe in MUSCLE:
Mission: Weâ€™re driven to accelerate progress for families and muscle health.
Understanding: Weâ€™re attentive to our constituentâ€™s needs and each otherâ€™s.
Stewardship: By investing precious resources wisely, we drive the best possible outcomes.
Collaboration: We foster win-win partnerships and build communities.
Learning: Knowledge powers our success and empowers our people.
Excellence: We strive to do our best and exceed constituentsâ€™ expectations.
The Staff Accountant maintains financial reports, records and general ledgers, prepares and analyzes budgets and manages bookkeeping. This position provides management with financial information by researching and analyzing accounts and preparing financial statements as well as completes internal payroll functions and support. He/She reports to the Accounting Manager and works closely with all levels of the MDA Team.
- Prepares schedules and analysis of general ledger accounts for annual budget, audit and IRG Form 990.
- Assist field personnel to assemble sales tax information and monthly reporting.
- Assist Health Care Services to code clinic grants and process through GP.
- Coordinate Club Corp reconciliations and reporting of income/expenses for payments and distribution to the field.
- Monthly reconciliation of income/expenses including year-to-date and recap of Augieâ€™s Quest. Send final reports to Business Development for payment request.
- Perform special projects and analysis as needed throughout the year.
- Track raffle activity for IRS W2G reporting.
- Review IRS Form 8283 from field offices for signature by the Accounting Manager.
- Post payments in Quick Books for Quest magazine accounts receivable.
- Perform security litigation filing and gather supporting documentation by completing required forms.
- Journal entries for sales tax, Club Corp and month end allocation of printing.
- File census reporting as required by the government.
- Process credit applications for field when signatures are needed.
- Research unclaimed property held at the states for MDA and gather supporting documents to file claims.
- Performs all necessary internal payroll functions and provide necessary support to internal staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Analytical: Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Dependability: Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Detail Minded: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; monitor own work to ensure quality and organization. Strong attention to detail while multitasking.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree (in Accounting preferred) with 3-5 years of experience required.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite products (experience with Great Plains preferred).
- Experience with ADP payroll, preferred.
- Must possess basic mathematic skills, the ability to analyze figures, knowledge of accounting principles and excellent verbal and written skills.
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities and organize efficiently.
- Expert in Microsoft Excel.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of MDA's Employees
Director of Business Development
Nathan works with businesses in the local community to develop new partnerships with MDA. The funds he raises help the organization's mission grow and thrive.
Back to top