Social Marketing Manager
- Chicago, IL
The Social Marketing Manager will be responsible for leading and influencing Marketing, Social Marketing, and LinkedIn Marketing efforts for Muscular Dystrophy Association.
This is an opportunity to lead our company into new areas and build breakthrough, while also structured, programs for MDA. We are looking for a go-getter who is curious and passionate about the social and digital landscape.
Develop a strategic program for partnering with all levels of Influencers.
- Identify how to best align Influencers with various MDA Marketing strategies and business objectives.
- Partner with Content Strategy to identify appropriate content needs, mediums for placement, and messaging (Call-to-action) accordingly.
- Develop and execute a LinkedIn Marketing strategy aimed at increasing brand awareness, telling mission stories, fostering community and driving engagement.
- Partner with Marketing Strategy & Planning, Corporate Communications, PR, and Creative to develop messaging plans and content.
- Develop unique initiatives to amplify integrated campaigns from ideation to production, execution, monitoring and final campaign reporting.
- Develop innovative content that embodies our brand and elevates key brand messaging/priorities.
- Present strategies and plans to stakeholders across the organization including leadership.
- Partner with the media buying teams (internal and agency) to provide strategic recommendations to drive business results and garner meaningful takeaways that evolve our platform and content approach.
- Guide the agency and/or internal Creative team to deliver excellent content through effective briefing and feedback.
- Define and drive the social content calendar and collaborate with internal stakeholders and cross-functional partners (Strategy & Planning, Creative, Internal Communications) to create, support, and execute content, campaigns and initiatives across key channels, ensuring content adheres to a consistent voice and brand guidelines.
- Manage relationships with all social partners and agencies through day-to-day management and joint business planning.
- Work with key stakeholders to define KPIs. Track and define reports. for performance with actionable insights and recommendations.
- Create routines to articulate reporting/analytics back to business owners.
- Collaborate with Community Manager to provide recommendations for real-time and social care.
- Stay current with industry trends and best practices in both social and digital spheres and foster education and adoption throughout the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Customer Service: Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service. Responds to requests for service and assistance. Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills: Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral/Written Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings. Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years social experience.
- Maintains a customer focus to deliver the most compelling work.
- Creates new and better ways for the organization to be successful and presents them with influence.
- Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances.
- Works well within a strong-identity team while applying their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Able to develop compelling visions and strategies for programs s/he leads.
- Deep understanding of the social paid media space.
- Has robust experience with Influencer programs at an agency or brand.
- LinkedIn experience is preferred.
- Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of MDA's Employees
Caity B.Development Specialist
Caity oversees events in the Northeast Texas territory and develops new partnerships within existing programs in order to offer the best possible services to patients.
Back to top