Senior Analyst - 537/386
- New York, NY
The Senior Analyst will operate within the Financial Planning and Analysis team at the National Office at MDA. This role will be responsible for assisting with budgets and forecast processes, and reviews versus actual. Understand drivers of a profit and loss statement, and variance analysis across revenue, cost, and expense elements. Ad-hoc analysis and project work will also be a key aspect of the role, serving across field, product, and shared service functions within the organization. Furthermore, the role will be responsible to design, prepare, and present detailed analysis of business issues and recommended solutions to senior management.
- Assist with the preparation of forecasts and annual budgets processes.
- Experience maintaining and improving short-term cash flow forecast.
- Work closely with accounting team to ensure accurate monthly financial reporting.
- Analyze and interpret actual monthly and compared to budgets / forecasts and provide management with variance analysis, as well as identify risks and opportunities.
- Prepare financial materials and coordinate monthly financial reviews with key stakeholders.
- Support senior management in preparation of materials for board meetings
- Provide financial support and analysis for strategic initiatives facing the organization.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance.
- 2-3 years of experience forecasting and analyzing revenue, cost and expense in a corporate environment.
- Knowledge of Financial Reporting and Planning Software.
- Knowledge of GAAP reporting.
- Operated in a consolidation function with experience partnering with various business units.
- Understanding of metrics and margins to drive performance.
- Executive communication and reporting exposure.
- Strong MS Office Suite (Excel: pivot tables & Vlookups).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Financial statement reporting, budget and forecast.
- Vena/Financial Force/Salesfroce - similar system experience a plus.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Back to top