The Salesforce Administrator is responsible for leading the scoping, development, implementation and ongoing administration of our salesforce.org applications. This position will work to create processes that enable scale, drive efficiencies and ensure data accuracy. Working across departments, the Salesforce Administrator will use data to help set priorities and measure KPI’s which will assist in strategic decisions made by stakeholders.
- Manage MDA’s Salesforce database for the fundraising enterprise
- Regularly perform Salesforce and data scrub procedures
- Manage ongoing support requests and administrative needs of users
- Train decentralized user base on system capabilities and updates
- Develop reports, dashboards pertaining to workflows, validation tables and processes to continuously monitor data quality and integrity
- Develop and regularly update training plans, materials and documentation for Salesforce users
- Coordinate new users as well as ongoing training sessions nationwide
- Develop and communicate a schedule for future Salesforce releases/enhancements
- Monitor user adoption rates and respond as needed for ad hoc requests; additional training sessions, communication, modifications, etc.
- Assist users with report design and management
- Define, communicate, and manage a change/moves management process to develop and implement new applications and update existing applications
- Identify the technical and organizational infrastructure needed to support Salesforce
- Stay up-to-date on the latest technology releases, applications, integrations and opportunities
- Define and monitor all licenses (models and usage)
Process Discovery and Management:
- Work with various functions and end users to identify, document and communicate standard business processes as they relate to Salesforce
- Work with the management team to identify new and creative opportunities to leverage Salesforce to support internal business processes or functions
- Work with the technology team to maintain existing integration with the MDA website, financial systems and other systems as needed
- Work with DocuSign on a smooth workflow for contract review and signoff as well as contract storage
- Manage Salesforce outsourcing
- Develop and manage ongoing relationship with Salesforce and the Salesforce Foundation
The Salesforce Coordinator will also perform other duties as required.
- Project Management: Develops project plans; coordinates projects, communicates changes and progress; completed projects on time and budget; managers project team activities.
- Technical Skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service: Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service. Responds to requests for service and assistance and meets commitments.
- Organizational Support: Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Supports organizations goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Planning/Organizing: Priorities and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
- Adaptability: Adapts to change in the work environment; managers competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
Qualifications/ Experience Requirements:
- BA or BS degree required
- Non-Profit fundraising experience preferred
- Salesforce Administrator Certification – ADM-201 preferred
- Excellent project management skills
- 5+ years’ experience as a Salesforce.org administrator
- Successfully deployed an application from Salesforce’s AppExchange
- Proficient in data manipulation (Excel, Access, FileMaker Pro)
- Knowledge of donor databases and database integration for websites (preferred)
- Proven track record of achieving results
- Proven ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously and take initiative
- Proven understanding of integration scenarios and workflows
- Strong documentation and training skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prior success working closely and building relationships with diverse groups of people
- Prior experience in a fast-paced, growth-oriented organization
- Ability to travel as required
MDA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Back to top