The MDA Resource Coordinator will serve as a primary point of support and information for those seeking help from MDA. In that role the Resource Coordinator will provide information surrounding various aspects of disorders covered by MDA, including diagnostic and disease information, access to state-of-the-art care and clinical trials at MDA Care Centers, MDA services, community resources, and the like. The MDA Resource Coordinator is considered an entry level position and works under supervision from National Director of Resource Center and work closely with other teams within MDA as well as volunteers and families.
This individual must have the ability to assess the needs of stakeholders, to formulate and implement appropriate MDA services and community referrals, identifying the problem, strengths, weaknesses, coping skills and assistance needed. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with members, staff and representatives of the community agencies. Must communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with people from varied backgrounds. Knowledge of MDA diagnosis, disability community needs, and referrals.
- This position can be in Chicago or remote
- Is responsible and knowledgeable about MDA services and able to make community based referrals.
- Delivers exceptional customer service via phone, email and chat and provides desired information; researching, locating, and providing information
- Knowledgeable of how to obtain and provide resources for those who contact MDA Resource Center. Helps maintain and find new resources to continuously evolve the scope of reach of the program.
- The individual takes responsibility for improving professional skills, participating in planning and executing specific staff development projects, attending seminars, meetings with key stakeholders and participates in training programs of other disciplines as requested.
- Performs accountability functions: 1) documents all contacts with patient/families in Salesforce; 2) completes reports in accordance with MDA and respective professional discipline policies; 3) seeks expert opinion to respond to inquiries that required for sophisticated input
- Strives to help develop more effective and efficient ways of delivering excellent customer services to stakeholders.
- Communicates with appropriate cross department staff with information that needs to be shared outside the resource center.
- May serve on committees, counsels, workgroups and/or task forces.
- May serve as a liaison to community agencies and networks with agency representatives.
- Obtains and/or participates in continuing education.
- Has working knowledge and skill in the use of word processing, data management, Salesforce, Ultracamp, and other computer software. Ability to learn and utilize software programs used by the MDA.
- Team player by meeting or exceeding individual resource center goals, including but not limited to call and email volumes (23% of yearly volume). Manages time in ADP
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
- Customer Service: Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service. Responds to requests for service and assistance. Meets commitments.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Detail minded: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; monitor own work to ensure quality and organization. Strong attention to detail while multitasking.
- Professionalism: Work well in a fast-paced environment; treat others with respect and consideration; accept responsibility for own actions. Understand business implications of decisions, align work with strategic goals, complete administrative tasks and develop strategies to achieve organizational goals.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Technical Skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- At least 3 years within a Customer Services and/or Organizational Support Services role
- Ability to solve problems and defuse conflict situations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be clear and articulate on the phone
- Ability to read, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Excellent multitasking and follow-through ability
- Fluent written and oral in Spanish preferred, not required.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Back to top