A Regional Director (RD) is a dynamic and innovative leader with the ability to successfully build and lead a team of professional fundraisers, while building relationships with key sponsors, and collaborating with national leadership. The Regional Director will work with Executive Directors in local areas to inspire and manage a diverse team of employees in various locations. This individual will have responsibility for driving fundraising results and ensuring MDA's standard of excellence is upheld in the quality of services provided to the families we serve. The Regional Director (RD) will report to the Chief Philanthropy Officer and work very closely with National Vice Presidents to ensure collaboration and best practices are followed in various fundraising/income streams. Regional Directors (RD) will also assist in informing fundraising strategy and will hold local teams reporting to them accountable for meeting all fundraising metrics.
- Secure existing base of support across all revenue streams within the region and identify and secure new fundraising support.
- Responsible for regional fundraising goal of $10M - $15M.
- Responsible for creating and presenting quarterly business reviews to leadership with updates on business plan metrics, pipeline of new revenue, projected metrics, etc.
- Develop and lead strategic business plans that ensure achievement of income goals within region, as well as growth plans for the future. Ensure stewardship and prudent spending not to exceed budget.
- Effective leadership to develop high performing professional fundraising team, while working through local Executive Directors.
- Handle fiscal accountability by meeting and exceeding measurable goals and providing accurate projections.
- Conduct performance evaluations, counsel, coaching and provide disciplinary actions when needed, work to facilitate individual and team development that drives positive results.
- Focus on professional development of team, collaborating with Training and Development for staff onboarding and further development needs.
- Maintain ability to step in and lead all major fundraising programs.
- Drive new income with a pipeline of new sponsors and opportunities by engaging and recruiting MDA sponsors, volunteers, and community members.
- Ensure that staff within assigned territory effectively partner with, collaborate with national departments in the execution of strategic directions set for the organization.
- All other duties and projects assigned.
- Leadership: Proven ability to provide vision and inspiration to team members, set expectations, evaluate employee performance and provide recognition for results.
- Initiative: Measure self against a standard of excellence. Demonstrate persistence and overcome obstacles, take calculated risks to accomplish goals. Ability to work a demanding, primarily self-directed work schedule. Continually work to diverse strategy Improve leadership skills.
- Integrity: Work well in a rapidly changing environment; treat others with respect and consideration; accepts responsibility for own actions. Understand business implications of decisions, align work with strategic goals. Meet all commitments.
- Flexibility: Develop new or diverse strategies to achieve organizational goals. Able to lead in a changing work environment. Handle challenging demands and unexpected events.
- Communication Skills: Clearly and persuasively communicate verbally and in writing, listen and seek clarification; handle difficult or emotional situations; maintain confidentiality.
- Problem Solving: Conduct appropriate analysis and make clear, consistent and timely decisions.
- Bachelor's degree (Business or Non-Profit Management preferred) and 8+ years of direct team management experience required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Required to be living in or near the office location; required to be in the office daily.
- Demonstrated experience in financial and budgetary management.
- Shown success in leading professional staff and providing guidance and support to help them achieve their goals.
- Travel throughout the assigned territory is required for this position. Use of personal vehicle in the course of employment to travel throughout the territory is required. Valid driver's license required.
- Some evening and weekend hours are required.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite products, Salesforce or a comparable CRM.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Back to top