Manage the procurement process in a cost-efficient manner for all purchases made for the operation of MDA. Support all MDA locations and manage the procurement process complying with all controls and audit standards.
- Manage the procurement process from submission of request (PD1) through payment of vendor invoice.
- Ensure the completeness and accuracy of PD1 and purchase order. Resolve any questions for suppliers. Negotiate for best pricing and terms.
- Competitively bid jobs that are not covered by contractual agreements.
- Identify sources for special items, or quick turnaround situations.
- Review submitted art files for compliance with MDA identity guidelines.
- Manage the proof approval process in a timely manner, ensuring jobs are not delayed by missing approvals.
- Monitor the inventory level for program materials and notify program management when on hand inventory level has reached the reorder point.
- Assess vendor pool and investigate potential new sources as necessary.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Reconcile invoices for payment through Accounts Payable.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Dependability: Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Detail minded: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; monitor own work to ensure quality and organization. Strong attention to detail while multitasking.
- Customer Service: Prioritizes internal and external interactions and responds appropriately.
- Flexibility: Able to multitask in a changing work environment. Manage competing demands and unexpected events. Willing to change approach to best fit the situation.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Intermediate negotiation skills.
- Experience with print and apparel, preferred.
- Accomplished interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with all levels of the MDA organization and with outside suppliers.
- Experience with a Procurement ERP system (Infor Lawson, SalesForce, People Soft…)
MDA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Back to top