People Business Partner
- Conductsweekly or biweekly meetings with respective business units.
- Consultswith line management, providing people/talent guidance when appropriate.
- Analyzestrends and metrics to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Managesand resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thoroughand objective investigations.
- Maintainsin-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management ofemployees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partnerswith the legal as needed/required.
- Providesday-to-day performance management guidance to management (e.g., coaching,counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Worksclosely with management and employees to improve work relationships, buildmorale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Business Acumen: The ability to understand andapply information with which to contribute to the organization’s strategicplan.
- Relationship Management: Developsnetworks and builds alliances; collaborates across boundaries to buildstrategic relationships and achieve common goals.
- Organizational Awareness: Demonstrates understanding of climate and culture; includes the ability toidentify the real decision-makers and the individuals who can influence them;and to predict how new events or situations will affect individuals and groupswithin the organization
- Bachelor's degree and/or relevant industryexperience.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) orPHR/SPHR credential or ability to obtain certification within one year ofemployment.
- Minimum of 4 years' experience resolvingcomplex employee relations issues.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resourcedisciplines, including compensation practices, organizational changemanagement, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and federaland state respective employment laws
MDA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Allqualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regardto race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,disability, or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of MDA's Employees
Director of Business Development
Nathan works with businesses in the local community to develop new partnerships with MDA. The funds he raises help the organization's mission grow and thrive.
Back to top