Organization Effectiveness/ Training Manager
Our Purpose: At MDA, we are committed to transforming the lives of people affected by muscular dystrophy, ALS and related neuromuscular diseases.
Our Values are our strength:
We believe in MUSCLE:
- Mission: We’re driven to accelerate progress for families and muscle health.
- Understanding: We’re attentive to our constituent’s needs and each other’s.
- Stewardship: By investing precious resources wisely, we drive the best possible outcomes.
- Collaboration: We foster win-win partnerships and build communities.
- Learning: Knowledge powers our success and empowers our people.
- Excellence: We strive to do our best and exceed constituents’ expectations.
We are currently seeking an Organization Effectiveness/Training Manager. This position reporting directly to the VP, will plan, organize, and conduct training programs including needs assessments, designing curriculum, online and in-person delivery, program evaluation, and facilitating group training. This role will require travel to locations across the US on a periodic basis.
- Lead and execute a variety of training projects. Collaborating with stakeholders and SMEs to assess, design, curate and develop/produce learning activities and course content to support staff learning needs, short-term and long-term goals and overall organizational effectiveness.
- Development of instructional materials (e-learning, facilitators guides, job aids, reference guides, audio and video scripts, assessments, etc.) that focus on applicable, role relevant, real-world/workplace skills in the areas of leadership, communication, compliance, workplace diversity and other general personal development topics as required.
- Lead, manage and facilitate online courses and workshops for new managers, emerging leadership, and other staff as identified through wide strategic efforts. Utilize knowledge of adult learning theory and facilitation skills to create an inclusive, engaging and effective learning experience. Collaborate with internal partners on execution and delivery of program as required.
- Consult with managers to identify specific learning needs and interventions to provide solutions and resources that positively impact results.
- Work with colleagues and identify external resources to effectively design and implement consistent learning programs and facilitation materials that align with the vision, mission and values and key performance initiatives.
- Manage and maintain learning content within the Learning Management System.
- Prepares, develops and assigns learning content.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Dependability: Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Detail minded: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; monitor own work to ensure quality and organization. Strong attention to detail while multitasking.
- Analytical: Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Customer Service: Prioritizes internal and external interactions and responds appropriately.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related area.
- 5+ years of training and facilitation or relevant experience.
- Excellent understanding and knowledge in the areas of management training, leadership, performance and talent development, culture and change management.
- Strong oral and verbal communication skills in 1:1 or large group settings.
- Shown success in providing professional guidance and support to staff to help them achieve their goals.
- Ability to present and train content in clear and professional manner and flexibility to change approach to meet the needs of the audience as necessary.
- Ability to interact and build relationships with staff across multiple levels and locations.
- Strong project management skills, including organization, prioritization, and problem-solving abilities.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Back to top