Operation Services - Administrative Assistant, Tucson, AZ
Purpose:AtMDA, we are fighting to free individuals — and the families who love them —from the harmful effects of muscle-debilitating diseases so they can livelonger and grow stronger.
Our Values are ourstrength: We believe in MUSCLE:
Mission: We're driven to accelerate progress forfamilies and muscle health.
Understanding: We're attentive to our constituent's needsand each other's.
Stewardship: By investing precious resources wisely, wedrive the best possible outcomes.
Collaboration: We foster win-win partnerships and buildcommunities.
Learning: Knowledge powersour success and empowers our people.
Excellence: We strive to do our best and exceedconstituents' expectations.
TheAdministrative Assistant is a take-charge, organized professional supporting theassociation's Operations Services department district field offices with allaspects of accounts payable and book-keeping. An individual with strong computer skills that is detail oriented,comfortable working with deadlines, and has outstanding telephone manner,customer service approach and interpersonal skills. Book-keeping experience ishelpful but not required. Reporting to the Vendor Relations & OperationsServices Manager, the Administrative Assistant works closely with all levels ofthe MDA Team. The Administrative Assistant does not have supervisoryresponsibilities.
- Weekly editing of income and expenses from field districtoffices to ensure accuracy and compliance with MDA policies and procedures.
- Enter journal entries, invoices, report running for fieldoffice districts and national office departments.
- Receive, sort and distribute all mail correspondence
- Process consolidated invoices for national vendors
- Deposit and allocation of checks for various MDA events
- Analysis of checks received annually
- Run daily reports for income received by credit card andallocate the income
- Be available as back up for other Administrative Assistantin their absence
- All other duties as assigned
- Planning\Organizing-Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans foradditional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic actionplans.
- Teamwork-Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity andopenness to other's views; gives and welcomes feedback. Contributes to building a positive teamspirit; Puts success of team above one's own interests; Able to build morale andgroup commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts tosucceed.
- Detailminded: Demonstrate accuracy andthoroughness; monitor own work to ensure quality and organization. Strong attention to detail whilemultitasking.
- CommunicationSkills: Clearly and persuasively communicate, listen and seekclarifications; participate in meetings, write clearly and informatively.Initiative - Demonstrate ability to work independently and as part of a team;exhibit sound and accurate judgment, including prioritization and timemanagement skills. Able to provide support to multiple team memberssimultaneously.
- ComputerSkills: Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and GoogleDocs, ability to learn and adapt to new technologies.
- CustomerService: Prioritizes internal andexternal interactions and responds appropriately.
- Professionalism:Work well in a fast-paced environment; treat others with respect andconsideration; accept responsibility for ownactions; positive/upbeat attitude.
- Flexibility:Able to multitask in a changing work environment. Manage competing demands and unexpectedevents. Willing to change approach to best fit the situation.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Prior Accounts Payable and or Bookkeeping experiencepreferred; business information tracking/report writing.
- Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft OfficeSuite and Google Docs.
MDA is an EqualOpportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receiveconsideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of MDA's Employees
Sabrina’s primary responsibility is working with the Fundraising Team at MDA to spread awareness about the organization’s mission and raise as much money as possible for the cause.
Back to top