Purpose: At MDA, we are fighting to free individuals — and the families who love them — from the harmful effects of muscle-debilitating diseases so they can live longer and grow stronger.
Our Values are our strength: We believe in MUSCLE:
Mission: We’re driven to accelerate progress for families and muscle health.
Understanding: We’re attentive to our constituent’s needs and each other’s.
Stewardship: By investing precious resources wisely, we drive the best possible outcomes.
Collaboration: We foster win-win partnerships and build communities.
Learning: Knowledge powers our success and empowers our people.
Excellence: We strive to do our best and exceed constituents’ expectations.
A Network Engineer remotely configures and maintains all server and network hardware, firmware and software required to support MDA's information and data communications systems. The Network Engineer maintains system documentation including diagrams of network topology for internal and external systems. The Network Engineer works closely with Software Developers and Database Administrator to design optimal system architecture.
The Network Engineer is responsible for security at the hardware and software level, maintains user accounts and permissions and other audited security functions. The Network Engineers is responsible for documenting and managing all access control.
The Network Engineer is responsible for all networking, access control and Active Directory requests and tickets according to the agreed upon SLA. The Network Engineers is expected to lead incidents and document Outages/RCAs once incident is resolved.
The Network Engineer reports to the IT Operations Director and works with all levels of the MDA Team.
- Builds, configures, supports and maintains servers running Windows operating systems.
- Installs, configures and maintains MDA's networks, including external and internal web presence.
- Configures and supports routers, switches, hubs, cabling and client hardware/software related to the MDA National Offices and Field networks, configures, implements and maintains firewall technologies.
- Troubleshoots network problems and recommends/implements both short and long-term improvements.
- Provides client support for all LAN/WAN-based applications and supports, monitors, tests and troubleshoots hardware and software problems relating to the LAN/WAN, recommends and schedules repairs.
- Configures, supports and maintains VPN, MPLS, e-mail, hardware and software.
- Creates e-mail user accounts and maintains mail routing tables, maintains security and distribution groups, provides first-level telephone support and troubleshoots e-mail problems.
- Configures, supports and maintains machine and client-level security for internal systems, systems collocated remotely and third party systems.
- Upgrades network hardware and software as required, maintains disaster recovery site.
- Performs maintenance including daily system backups and recoveries as required, maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity.
- Installs new software releases, system upgrades, evaluates and installs patches and resolves software related problems.
- Creates maintains and disables user and system accounts. Maintains user permissions for the domain and for various applications. Security functions are audited, provides auditor with reports and evidence of MDA compliance with audit standards.
- Responsible for PCI compliance and HIPAA process and audit improvements.
- Maintains great relationships with key network vendors.
- Reviews device and software logs on a regular basis as necessary to keep systems secure.
- Configures and supports Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, WINS, and RADIUS services.
- Supports WLAN infrastructure including secure and guest networks.
- Works closely with managed service providers to support hosted server infrastructure and telephony infrastructure.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Project Management: Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Technical Skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service: Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service. Responds to requests for service and assistance. Meets commitments.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science preferred) and 8-10 years’ experience as a network or systems engineer required.
- Comfortable working in close collaboration with other IT disciplines; collaboration includes attending meetings on project plans and system design, project oversight by a project manager and design, configuration and implementation collaboration with MDA developers and Database Administrators.
- Specifically: AD/OSX/ASA/Cisco/Merkai.
- Extensive administration experience of O365 and SharePoint is preferred.
- Remote management of a Virtual Data Center both in a Multi-Tenant and Private cloud structure experience preferred.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Back to top