Purpose: AtMDA, we are fighting to free individuals — and the families who love them —from the harmful effects of muscle-debilitating diseases so they can livelonger and grow stronger.
Our Values are ourstrength: We believe in MUSCLE:
Mission: We’re driven to accelerate progress forfamilies and muscle health.
Understanding: We’re attentive to our constituent’s needsand each other’s.
Stewardship: By investing precious resources wisely, wedrive the best possible outcomes.
Collaboration: We foster win-win partnerships and buildcommunities.
Learning: Knowledge powers our success and empowers ourpeople.
Excellence: We strive to do our best and exceedconstituents’ expectations.
A NetworkEngineer remotely configures and maintains all server and network hardware,firmware and software required to support MDA’s information and datacommunications systems. The NetworkEngineer maintains system documentation including diagrams of network topologyfor internal and external systems. TheNetwork Engineer works closely with Software Developers and DatabaseAdministrator to design optimal system architecture.
The NetworkEngineer is responsible for security at the hardware and software level,maintains user accounts and permissions and other audited securityfunctions. The Network Engineers isresponsible for documenting and managing all access control.
The NetworkEngineer is responsible for all networking, access control and Active Directoryrequests and tickets according to the agreed upon SLA. The Network Engineers is expected to leadincidents and document Outages/RCAs once incident is resolved.
The NetworkEngineer reports to the IT Operations Director and works with all levels of the MDA Team.
- Builds, configures, supports and maintainsservers running Windows operating systems.
- Installs, configures and maintains MDA’snetworks, including external and internal web presence.
- Configures and supports routers, switches, hubs,cabling and client hardware/software related to the MDA National Offices andField networks, configures, implements and maintains firewalltechnologies.
- Troubleshoots network problems andrecommends/implements both short and long-term improvements.
- Provides client support for all LAN/WAN-basedapplications and supports, monitors, tests and troubleshoots hardware andsoftware problems relating to the LAN/WAN, recommends and schedulesrepairs.
- Configures, supports and maintains VPN, MPLS,e-mail, hardware and software.
- Creates e-mail user accounts and maintains mailrouting tables, maintains security and distribution groups, providesfirst-level telephone support and troubleshoots e-mail problems.
- Configures, supports and maintains machine andclient-level security for internal systems, systems collocated remotely andthird party systems.
- Upgrades network hardware and software asrequired, maintains disaster recovery site.
- Performs maintenance including daily systembackups and recoveries as required, maintains data files and monitors systemconfiguration to ensure data integrity.
- Installs new software releases, system upgrades,evaluates and installs patches and resolves software related problems.
- Creates maintains and disables user and systemaccounts. Maintains user permissions forthe domain and for various applications. Security functions are audited, provides auditor with reports andevidence of MDA compliance with audit standards.
- Responsible for PCI compliance and HIPAA processand audit improvements.
- Maintains great relationships with key networkvendors.
- Reviews device and software logs on a regularbasis as necessary to keep systems secure.
- Configures and supports Microsoft ActiveDirectory, DNS, DHCP, WINS, and RADIUS services.
- Supports WLAN infrastructure including secureand guest networks.
- Works closely with managed service providers tosupport hosted server infrastructure and telephony infrastructure.
- Other duties as assigned.
- ProjectManagement: Develops project plans;Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects ontime and budget; Manages project team activities.
- TechnicalSkills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training anddevelopment opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills;Shares expertise with others.
- CustomerService: Manages difficult oremotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicitscustomer feedback to improve service. Responds to requests for service andassistance. Meets commitments.
- OrganizationalSupport – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative taskscorrectly and on time. Supports organization’s goals and values; Benefitsorganization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action andrespects diversity.
- Planning/Organizing- Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans foradditional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules otherpeople and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Adaptability- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changesapproach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequentchange, delays, or unexpected events.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science preferred)and 8-10 years’ experience as a network or systems engineer required.
- Comfortableworking in close collaboration with other IT disciplines; collaborationincludes attending meetings on project plans and system design, projectoversight by a project manager and design, configuration and implementationcollaboration with MDA developers and Database Administrators.
- Extensiveadministration experience of O365 and SharePoint is preferred.
- Remotemanagement of a Virtual Data Center both in a Multi-Tenant and Private cloudstructure experience preferred.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Actionemployer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employmentwithout regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, orprotected veteran status.
Back to top