Meeting and Conference Manger
The Meeting and Conference Manager is a highly visible role which demands extensive client service skills, a high level of professionalism and willingness to handle all planning and administrative details of meetings and events. The ideal candidate must thrive in a challenging, fast passed and “startup” atmosphere where prioritizing and multi-tasking are the expected.
Exceptional attention to detail and first-class organizational skills are mandatory. This dynamic position will report to the Director of Healthcare Partnership Events and work in a team environment to produce events, meetings and additional projects as required.
- Facilitate all aspects of meeting/conference planning from site selection, vendor negotiation, event registration, marketing, onsite staffing and post-event reporting
- Work on multiple meetings, large-scale conferences and events simultaneously
- Create and deploy event marketing communications via email, web, print
- Send and track correspondence with speakers and sponsors/exhibitors
- Prepare BEO information with event venues
- Oversee conference/meeting session logistics (room set, production, A/V management etc.)
- Coordinate expenses for speakers traveling to meetings as MDA invited guests
- Work directly with registrants on problems and inquiries
- Develop and maintain solid relationships with exhibitors/sponsors
- Oversee meeting preparation, supplies ordering and packing/shipping of event materials
- Staff events and manage onsite event registration; includes occasional travel
- Data entry and daily administrative functions
- Create invoices and receipts as requested; track expenses for event budget reconciliation
- Create and analyze online evaluations and prepare post-event reports
- Facilitate all post- event invoicing and ensure payments have been made and received in partnership with Accounts Payable/Receivable
- Analytical: Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service: Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service. Responds to requests for service and assistance. Meets commitments.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- 5+ years professional meeting experience (nonprofit or association experience a plus)
- Up to date on current trends in the meetings industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Innovative and resourceful; actively seeks opportunities to improve meetings and events
- Experienced at negotiating and building partnerships with vendors
- Strong time management skills and ability to manage concurrent tasks efficiently
- Superior attention to detail; first class organizational skills
- High energy, positive, professional attitude, pride in work product
- Strong computer skills to include: Microsoft Office and experience using Salesforce or other CRM
- Great team member: willing to roll up your sleeves and pitch in to help your colleagues when needed
MDA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of MDA's Employees
Caity B.Development Specialist
Caity oversees events in the Northeast Texas territory and develops new partnerships within existing programs in order to offer the best possible services to patients.
Back to top