Marketing Automation Manager
The Muscular Dystrophy Association is undergoing a digital transformation as we embrace new forms of technology across the organization. Just last year, Salesforce and FinancialForce were integrated and launched as our new CRM and ERP systems respectively to support the organization and both platforms are continuing to grow and develop. In addition, our Mission has embraced technology through the creation of the MOVR Data Hub to improve the ability of researchers and healthcare providers to enhance the care and management of individuals living with neuromuscular disease and to aid in the development of clinical trials for promising new treatments.
MDA is looking for a technology focused individual to partake in these unprecedented times to continue the growth and utilization of technology in the Marketing department.
The Marketing Automation Manager will own the development solution for complex customer journeys. He/She will be responsible overseeing MDA’s business requirements, (including scenario design, flow mapping and customer journeys) utilizing Marketing Cloud for email automation. This role will be responsible for the development of content, the day-to-day oversight and troubleshooting any technical or other errors. He/she will also work directly with various leaders throughout the organization to stay abreast of organization going-on in order to prioritize and delivery appropriately.
- Support the CRM marketing program and work with outside vendors and partner agencies
- Manage automation of direct marketing utilizing Marketing Cloud to interact with various constituents.
- Identify the data attributes needed to populate a customer journey, and work with agency, internal and IT stakeholders to assess feasibility.
- Work with IT stakeholders to utilize (or integrate) those data sources within the SFMC architecture.
- Understand MDA’s various constituent groups in order to draft and distribute emails to the appropriate groups.
- Create email and content for other mediums as needed and test email prior to distribution and troubleshoot any bugs or issues that are identified.
- Maintain awareness of MDA’s initiatives and on goings in order to best prioritize incoming requests.
- Regularly monitor key performance metrics and keep up on industry trends.
- Maintain policies and procedures for database records and email marketing and upholding communication and accountability to these with the appropriate stakeholders.
- Understand and follow CAN-SPAM rules and regulations.
- Support various organizational leaders within the marketing team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Leadership— Proven ability to provide vision and inspiration to team members. Develop workable plans, set expectations, monitor delegated activities and provide recognition for results.
- Communication Skills— Clearly and persuasively communicate, including written and verbal communications; tailor messages to specific audiences, listen and seek clarifications; participate in and contribute to meetings.
- Problem Solving Skills — Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner. Gather and analyze information skillfully; solicit feedback and use reason when dealing with emotional topics.
- Initiative — Measure self against a standard of excellence. Undertake self-development activities and learn new skills; seek increased responsibilities and ask for and offer help when needed.
- Professionalism — Work well in a fast-paced environment; treat others with respect and consideration; accept responsibility for actions. Understand
- business implications of decisions, align work with strategic goals, complete business-related tasks and develop strategies to achieve organizational goals.
- Flexibility — Able to multitask in a changing work environment. Manage competing demands and unexpected events. Willing to change approach to best fit the situation.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in marketing, public relations or communications-related field.
- Minimum 5 years in marketing automation that includes email, web, and CRM.
- Minimum 2 years of Salesforce or Marketing cloud experience.
- Prior experience in health care and/or nonprofit communications is strongly preferred, preferably for a nationwide organization with a prominent brand; agency experience is a plus.
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud expert with a strong understanding of the SFMC architecture and knowledge of the wider Salesforce ecosystem.
- Comprehensive knowledge of marketing, digital media/platforms, and associated analytics.
- Exceptional interpersonal communications skills both verbally and in written matter.
- Constructive relationship builder who can drive healthy internal partnerships with staff, co-workers, colleagues in other departments, and outside agencies.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to embrace and drive change with commitment to continuous learning.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Back to top