Marketing Automation Manager
The Muscular Dystrophy Association is undergoing a digital transformation as we embrace new forms of technology across the organization. Just last year, Salesforce and FinancialForce were integrated and launched as our new CRM and ERP systems respectively to support the organization and both platforms are continuing to grow and develop.
Partnering with MDA’s external digital strategy teams, the Digital Marketing Manager will lead execution of the organization’s email and social media efforts through Marketing Cloud, a Salesforce digital marketing software.
He/she will also work directly with various leaders throughout the organization to stay abreast of organization going-on in order to prioritize and delivery appropriately.
- Manage the global MDA email calendar, prioritizing incoming requests.
- Implement all MDA email campaigns including newsletters, action alerts and e-appeals.
- Support the direct marketing program including digital advertising, social media, email, via Marketing Cloud’s various portals. Ie: email marketing, social studio, etc.
- Analyze digital marketing campaign performance and suggest improvements
- Understand MDA’s various constituent groups to draft and distribute emails to the appropriate groups.
- Serve as MDA’s primary expert on email deliverability; stay up to date on industry standards and best practices
- Maintain policies and procedures for database records and email marketing.
- Facilitate and manage projects and/or teams as needed and represent the Communications & Marketing department on enterprise projects
- and strategy groups.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Leadership— Proven ability to provide vision and inspiration to team members. Develop workable plans, set expectations, monitor delegated activities and provide recognition for results.
- Communication Skills— Clearly and persuasively communicate, including written and verbal communications; tailor messages to specific audiences, listen and seek clarifications; participate in and contribute to meetings.
- Problem Solving Skills — Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner. Gather and analyze information skillfully; solicit feedback and use reason when dealing with emotional topics.
- Initiative — Measure self against a standard of excellence. Undertake self-development activities and learn new skills; seek increased responsibilities and ask for and offer help when needed.
- Professionalism — Work well in a fast-paced environment; treat others with respect and consideration; accept responsibility for actions. Understand
- business implications of decisions, align work with strategic goals, complete business-related tasks and develop strategies to achieve organizational goals.
- Flexibility — Able to multitask in a changing work environment. Manage competing demands and unexpected events. Willing to change approach to best fit the situation.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in marketing, public relations or communications-related field.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience developing and coding emails and templates in Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Advanced HTML/CSS skills, particularly in HTML-email and user experience flows
- Prior experience in health care and/or nonprofit communications is preferred, agency experience is a plus.
- Comprehensive knowledge of marketing, digital media/platforms, and associated analytics.
- Exceptional interpersonal communications skills both verbally and in written matter.
- Constructive relationship builder who can drive healthy internal partnerships with co-workers and outside agencies.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to embrace and drive change with commitment to continuous learning.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Back to top