Major Gifts Officer
As a Development Officer, Individual Major Gifts you willdevelop and implement our major gift program in an assigned geographicterritory. You’ll be responsible for managing and cultivating relationshipswith existing major gift prospects, as well as identifying new prospects whoare capable of giving at the $10,000+ level. An ability to empathize withdonors and clearly communicate our organization’s mission is key. You’ll beexpected to energize team members, persuade prospects and persevere to the end.This position will report to the National Vice President of Individual Giving,but will work closely with all levels of the MDA Team. This position does nothave supervisory responsibilities.
- Help our donors accomplish theirphilanthropic goals and ambitions through a relationship with our organization.
- Manage a portfolio of up to 125qualified major giving prospects in a regional territory.
- Grow the pipeline of individual majorgift prospects by identifying and developing leads from direct response,distinguished events, and other sources.
- Create and implement moves managementplans.
- Work with members of the MDA missionteam to identify programs and initiatives that may be of funding interest topotential individual prospects.
- Deliver organized, structured, andpersuasive presentations, using effective written and verbal communication.
- Solicit and close major gifts to meetor exceed revenue goals, and partner with planned giving staff to identify andsolicit blended gifts.
- Responsible for meeting and reportingon key performance indicators on a weekly basis, preparing prospect contactreports, and entering contact information into CRM in a timely manner.
- Provide exceptional stewardship ofdonors after a gift has closed, including recognition, communication, andreporting on impact of gift.
- Perform other duties or special projectsas needed.
MDAis an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicantswill receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,disability, or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of MDA's Employees
Caity B.Development Specialist
Caity oversees events in the Northeast Texas territory and develops new partnerships within existing programs in order to offer the best possible services to patients.
Back to top