Jr. Staff Accountant
The Junior Staff Accountant enters and maintains financial records of the organization. He/She reports to the Accounting Manager and works closely with all levels of the MDA Team.
- Enters and manages data in the ERP system.
- Work with National office staff to get approvals for payment of invoices.
- Process incoming invoices.
- Sort and deliver mail, as needed.
- Assist with the transition of records from paper to electronic format.
- Prepares monthly schedules and analysis of general ledger accounts.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations and follow up on unreconciled items.
- Prepare monthly journal entries.
- Assist field personnel to assemble sales tax information and monthly reporting.
- Track completion of state filings.
- Process credit applications for field when signatures are needed.
- Perform special projects and analysis as needed throughout the year.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Analytical: Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Dependability: Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Detail Minded: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; monitor own work to ensure quality and organization. Strong attention to detail while multitasking.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite products (experience with Great Plains preferred).
- Must possess basic mathematic skills, the ability to analyze figures, knowledge of accounting principles and excellent verbal and written skills.
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities and organize efficiently.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Maturity, professionalism, and high level of discretion are required.
- Must have strong attention to detail.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Meet Some of MDA's Employees
Caity B.Development Specialist
Caity oversees events in the Northeast Texas territory and develops new partnerships within existing programs in order to offer the best possible services to patients.
Back to top